Albums currently kicking your ass

115397720.jpg

Elysian Blaze

I want so much to like this album but it just drones on an has no narrative at all. Fucking amazing artwork though...

Lamb of God's new album is amazing. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a very melodic album and very emotional.
Also Left Hand Path by Entombed. Just getting into the Swedish death metal scene and this is my first album I've listened to. If anyone else has suggestions of good Swedish death metal, particularly more Sunlight Studios style material I'd be keen to know more.

There are lots of good albums in that style so be prepared for big lists. However, I'll just give you two to start you off, both of which I think are better than Left Hand Path.

Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence (has a blackened edge to it but still has the buzzsaw guitar sound you're looking for)

if you're really into the sunlight sound then yeah some of the most definitive places to start are dismember's LIKE AN EVERFLOWING STREAM, carnage's DARK RECOLLECTIONS, entombed's own CLANDESTINE, necrophobic's THE NOCTURNAL SILENCE and grave's INTO THE GRAVE. then you can branch out into the SOULSIDE JOURNEYs, KARELIAN ISTHMUS' and at the gates' of this world if you're so inclined.