Albums currently kicking your ass

BoltThrower-HonourValourPride.jpg

Bolt Thrower
Honor Valour Pride

Eternity's End-the fire within (2016) with Ian Parry on vocals: stunning power/progressive/neo-classic metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a0681834603_10.jpg

Epic atmospheric black metal that everyone NEEDS to check out. Awesome flutes and female vox abound as well.

Aside from some wonky transitions, this is fucking amazing. I was expecting it to be another one of those Summoning worship bands (which is great IMO) but this has more in-line with Agalloch. Some of those melodies are straight up fucking beautiful.

Reactions: RedStorm
Need to check that out, it looks like something that I could enjoy abit too much. Even though similarites to Agalloch rather than Summoning does not sound promising.

There is absolutely no music available, trust me I've searched. The only confirmation I can find that she even did that, not that I care, is from MA. If you can find proof, that would be great. She's one of my favourite singers of all time.

To me, that album is one of the best metal albums ever recorded.

Need to check that out, it looks like something that I could enjoy abit too much. Even though similarites to Agalloch rather than Summoning does not sound promising.
I get Caladan Brood, Summoning and Saor. But it has its own identity which makes it great. If it sounds similar to Agalloch it's due to folkiness, not post rock or anything.

I get Caladan Brood, Summoning and Saor. But it has its own identity which makes it great. If it sounds similar to Agalloch it's due to folkiness, not post rock or anything.
Sound good, post rock can fucking die.

I listened to a track on youtube sounded really promising! :)

Edit: It was fucking years since I listened to the Cathedral debut, great album!

Reactions: CiG