Albums currently kicking your ass

Fuck yeah for Run to the Light above, almost as good as Psalm 9 and the S/T.

PanteraPowerMetal.jpg

Woke up with Death Trap playing in my head. With no irony this is a great album, some of the best Priest-y 80s metal out there, imo even better than Thundersteel.

I wish this would get reissued

It's weird how some bands fall out of favour, most albums I love stick with me for me years. I remember you mentioning a similar thing with Miasma - are there any other examples? I wonder if The Chasm will ever fall out of favour.

Arghoslent is another fallen-from-grace in-crowd child.

EDIT: A decade ago everyone seemed to love the Ulysses Siren demo comp but not many care about it anymore either. Shame because that one is objectively perfect, their loss.

It's weird how some bands fall out of favour, most albums I love stick with me for me years. I remember you mentioning a similar thing with Miasma - are there any other examples? I wonder if The Chasm will ever fall out of favour.

This board does seem to be really heavy on doom/power/trad though. Of course I love all of those genres as well, but they rarely hit the emotional heights of my favourite black and death metal.

it's nothing to do with falling out of favour really, it's just a different userbase. most of the BM/DM-heads have gone so it's inevitable that some of the more obscure underground classics should disappear from conversation.

arghoslent haven't fallen from grace at all AFAIK. i still love 'em, even the later more riff salady stuff.

hmmm some other examples... moonblood. golem. countess. vore. astrofaes. i'm not saying these were all hugely hyped here but they were certainly more a part of the extreme metal canon, they seem to have vanished almost completely these days on this board.

Reactions: Phylactery