Albums currently kicking your ass

I own albums by all of those bands. In crowd as fuck. Moonblood is the only one I still really care about, although Vore's Lord of Storms is cool too.

same here, although IIRC golem's second album is cool as well? first and third ones were more hyped but that ended up seeming like their best. it's been years since i verified that though.

Astrofaes is totally fine imo, better than Hate Forest for example. The UKR scene has really fallen from grace, people hardly talk about it anymore and bands like Drudkh has really gone down the drain.
I guess the NED style worship him black metal took the in-crowd throne around 10 years ago which is a shame because that style is mostly boring deluxe.

Well Autum's at the door so this EP obviously get some spins as usualR-400559-1111762989.jpg.jpg :

maxresdefault.jpg

TESTAMENT-NEW-ORDER.jpg

1419260544-09157900.jpg

pallbearer-foundations.jpg

bc0dd335ffa7415d9e36ceb967039c51

I think one of my favorite moments on Lionheart is the deep bass-line that plays in Witchfinder General. It's one of the most atmospheric moments on the album. Also, Horrorscope and The New Order are some of the greatest thrash albums ever made. Period.

Last edited:
I was definitely one of the purveyors of NED style stuff back then, haha. I still think Katharsis, old Deathspell Omega and Antaeus are worth remembering. Ondskapt have some good songs, too.
There are definitely good music to find in there, it is just that like with every trend. Stuff get overused and uninteresting. Funeral Mist - Salvation is my personal fav from the style I think.

That recording just sounds too rough. I bought that excited and ended up trading it off for whatever. Sounds like the tape recorder they recorded those demos with was a couple rooms over from them and barely functioning properly. I'm fine with crappy production but the quality is just too low there for me to enjoy.

So, I finally listened to M by Myrkur after putting it off for quite some time. It was OK. Amalie Bruun's vocals were pretty good and I actually thought the production was rather nice but it really only serves to remind one of Ulver much of the time. It isn't bad, just underwhelming.

That recording just sounds too rough. I bought that excited and ended up trading it off for whatever. Sounds like the tape recorder they recorded those demos with was a couple rooms over from them and barely functioning properly. I'm fine with crappy production but the quality is just too low there for me to enjoy.

Yeah that was a mistake. It sounds good enough to enjoy.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
I actually listened to it again to see if I was overstating the quality of the recording and you really can hear the instruments pretty well, including the bass parts. The vocals are also very clear.

First Daze Here Too, on the other hand, is very uneven in sound quality, with some of the instruments getting really muddy in some songs and it almost sounding like Bobby is singing underwater at times. The first compilation is much more consistent in audio quality.

I also don't understand why First Daze Here Too is a two-disc compilation since it would all fit on one CD.

So, I finally listened to M by Myrkur after putting it off for quite some time. It was OK. Amalie Bruun's vocals were pretty good and I actually thought the production was rather nice but it really only serves to remind one of Ulver much of the time. It isn't bad, just underwhelming.
I went in with really low expectations because of the hype and was pleasantly surprised.