Albums currently kicking your ass

upload_2016-9-2_23-37-56.jpeg

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

"I'm a Satanist, I believe in the Dark Lord. His time is coming very soon. Christ worshipers will be slaughtered, babies will be sacrificed on the altars of churches and temples to the dark prince, and fire will consume the good and the weak... I look forward to it!"

View attachment 6643

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

"I'm a Satanist, I believe in the Dark Lord. His time is coming very soon. Christ worshipers will be slaughtered, babies will be sacrificed on the altars of churches and temples to the dark prince, and fire will consume the good and the weak... I look forward to it!"

Are those lyrics from a song off the album or are you just sharing info on yourself?

It was taken from a horror film titled: Whispers, film adapted from the horror master writer Dean R. Koontz. Directed by Doug Jackson in 1990. (This is what the YouTube comment said anyway)

Never seen it myself.

The album used to be a bitch to find until it got reissued. Went for in excess of £50 on Amazon. Due to this I had one song off it downloaded called "Before the Dawn" which I used to listen to all the time, but my conscience wouldn't let me download the rest of the album haha. I got burnt out on that song and "Unholy Prophecies" is now probably my favourite on it. Every track is killer, though. Mixing the buzzsaw sound of Entombed and Dismember, but with an awareness of the developing black metal scene in Norway, there's really nothing else like it for the time period (that I'm aware of anyway).

It was taken from a horror film titled: Whispers, film adapted from the horror master writer Dean R. Koontz. Directed by Doug Jackson in 1990. (This is what the YouTube comment said anyway)

Never seen it myself.

The album used to be a bitch to find until it got reissued. Went for in excess of £50 on Amazon. Due to this I had one song off it downloaded called "Before the Dawn" which I used to listen to all the time, but my conscience wouldn't let me download the rest of the album haha. I got burnt out on that song and "Unholy Prophecies" is now probably my favourite on it. Every track is killer, though. Mixing the buzzsaw sound of Entombed and Dismember, but with an awareness of the developing black metal scene in Norway, there's really nothing else like it for the time period (that I'm aware of anyway).

Will probably look into the album and maybe that film as well (im a bit picky with horror)

Reactions: Phylactery
973.jpg

Absu The Sun of Tiphareth

Reactions: CiG
It's been a while but I remember liking Darkside and it being pretty solid black metal. Obviously not on the same level as the debut but worthwhile nonetheless. I've actually never heard the demos, are they good?

The demos are nearly as mandatory as the debut imo, especially Slow Asphyxiation. Parland was in fine form from the very beginning as a riff writer. The Satanic Blasphemies compilation is worth every cent.

It's a shame the band lost both Parland and Strokirk after The Nocturnal Silence. The former's obvious talent was basically lost in Dark Funeral, and Strokirk was a far greater vocalist than the guy that replaced him.

Yeah, that song was awesome. I feel silly for not checking out their demo stuff earlier. That compilation seems to be quite easy to find with even Amazon having it so I'll be picking it up. Cheers.