Albums currently kicking your ass

MI0002515838.jpg

Fucking riffs for days

The Chasm.

They have a rather diverse discography where most albums offer something different, including production wise as well. And they're widely regarded as one of the most consistently great extreme metal bands. Their first two albums are their most inaccessible so I wouldn't start with those.

Recommended songs from each of their past 5:

A Portal to Nowhere from Deathcult for Eternity
Cosmic Landscapes of Sorrow from Procession to the Infraworld
Procession to the Infraworld from Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
From the Curse a Scourge/The Omnipotent Codex from The Spell of Retribution
Entering a Superior Dimension from Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
Finally got around to this. Good recommendation! Not as viscerally satisfying as Morbid Angel, but definitely a lot of good ideas and experimentation.

Reactions: Phylactery
vigilance.jpg
Vigilance
This is great. @CASSETTEISGOD I'm calling this their best album so far. Just pure fucking quality traditional heavy metal with vocals that lean towards extreme metal.

@Master_Yoda77 you're probably listening to stoner doom or old country music or some nonsense but you should probably check this out.

Fuck, anyone that likes traditional heavy metal should.

Age of Winters is usually my favourite by them, but then I go through periods of preferring Gods of the Earth just a bit more. Something about them adding some faster elements on it just catches my soul ablaze every now and then. :D
I don't get all the accusations they receive for allegedly being "inauthentic" though.

I dont get it either, but they've absolutely went to shit since Warp Riders, which was great. I really liked everything up until that point but they've been unlistenable since.
Yeah, but that was a problem back when they were also releasing Age of Winters and Gods of the Earth.