Albums currently kicking your ass

Yeah, but that was a problem back when they were also releasing Age of Winters and Gods of the Earth.

Oh I know what you're saying, I remember the backlash when the band first started, made no sense then, none now either. The reviews for Age of Winters on MA are pathetic, especially the last one from 2015. They've always had faggots with bullet belts underoos all twisted up.

485.jpg

Granted, I don't think they're inauthentic, but the trajectory of their career does lend some legitimacy to these complaints about them.
OK, but this wouldn't be the first time a good band went down a path which largely diminished the quality of their work. It still doesn't grant legitimacy to the claim that any album prior to Apocryphon is a bad album.

OK, but this wouldn't be the first time a good band went down a path which largely diminished the quality of their work. It still doesn't grant legitimacy to the claim that any album prior to Apocryphon is a bad album.

Agreed, they're definitely not bad albums, in fact they're pretty freakin' good albums, but you can't be mad that people saw or sensed something about The Sword which ended up being true (in relation to authenticity) and I'm not going to pretend like I didn't have a gut feeling about them.

Sometimes you can just tell by looking at the kind of people that dominate their fanbase or what the band looks like etc. Doesn't stop me from regularly worshipping their early stuff though.

View attachment 10403
Vigilance
This is great. @CASSETTEISGOD I'm calling this their best album so far. Just pure fucking quality traditional heavy metal with vocals that lean towards extreme metal.

@Master_Yoda77 you're probably listening to stoner doom or old country music or some nonsense but you should probably check this out.

Fuck, anyone that likes traditional heavy metal should.

Fuck yeah dude I need to pick this one up as soon as possible, I forgot it came out for a minute there.

This year's going to have some interesting best of lists.

Finally got around to this. Good recommendation! Not as viscerally satisfying as Morbid Angel, but definitely a lot of good ideas and experimentation.

Glad you liked them! They're my favourite band.

Yeah, they don't often go for the visceral aggression, Procession to the Infraworld being their most aggressive and violent release on the whole, and a few tracks from The Spell of Retribution. What did you listen to by them?

Glad you liked them! They're my favourite band.

Yeah, they don't often go for the visceral aggression, Procession to the Infraworld being their most aggressive and violent release on the whole, and a few tracks from The Spell of Retribution. What did you listen to by them?
Albumwise mostly The Spell of Retribution, cause it's the only one on Spotify and I'm a creature of habit. I listened to all the songs you recommended though. I'll make a note to hear more of Procession to the Infraworld.