Albums currently kicking your ass

2212.jpg

Reactions: CiG
album art.jpg
Mausoleum Gate - S/T. Wanted this after listening to their new song and thinking it was fucking great. Got a while before the new one comes but this one kicks ass too.

and this
album art.jpg

Just great traditional melodic heavy metal. It's a shame they never came close to this level of awesome again but this one is awesome. (this album art is for an apparent re-recorded version.... get the original)

Reactions: CiG

Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream

Kicking off the 1991 relistening with this album, an album I have always really liked but never truly loved. And I still feel that way. When it gets more moody and atmospheric (Override the Overture, Dismembered, In Death's Sleep, parts of other tracks) it's really fucking great. And I must admit that nearly every track has at least one awesome riff/section. But I just don't consider it to be one of the best death metal albums ever, and I don't know why. Easily better than anything by Entombed, though.

I'm listening to this Convulse album for the 1991 thread. I used to think this album was 2nd tier Finnish death but it's really kicking my ass right now. I probably have not listened to them since I saw them at MDF a few years ago
a2991322450_10.jpg

Blessed are the Sick was the biggest omission from your list. I hope you'll be revisiting that one!