Albums currently kicking your ass

Fair enough, we can't all like everything.
I just think your characterization of traditional doom metal is rather unfair if you're not being hyperbolic. If anything hey remember Black Sabbath is something stoner doom is much more guilty of.

138.jpg

Opeth Orchid

hqdefault.jpg

Usually I don't like it when vidya tries making metal music because they habit of doing the exact same couple songs over and over, but this soundtrack does it pretty well. A good example of actual metal riffs in contrast to down-tuned Sisters of Mercy riffs with acoustic parts and keyboards interspersed found in 90s doom/death.

If you told me this was King Diamond on the microphone, I would have believed you. Absolute superb imposter. Then again, I suppose if you go around calling yourself Meister Cagliostro, you pretty much have to back it up or just come off as a giant asshole.

album art.jpg

A good example of actual metal riffs in contrast to down-tuned Sisters of Mercy riffs with acoustic parts and keyboards interspersed found in 90s doom/death.

It's entirely unsurprising that you don't even know the difference between death doom metal and gothic metal. I suppose it's understandable in light of the fact that many of the progenitors of death/doom drifted away from the genre later on. Even so, you are a user of rateyourmusic.com, where you can look at each and every album to see what genre(s) it's considered to fall under, so there's really no excuse.

Last edited:
Gojira - Magma

Gojira_magma_artwork.jpg

I found a new appreciation for this band after seeing a live performance and I am finding myself going back to this album often in the last several months. I really need to get the rest of the back catalog. I only have L'Enfant Sauvage and From Mars to Sirius.

Last edited:
Reactions: EspaDa