Albums currently kicking your ass

^ Best Sabbath
FACEPALM.jpg

@The Butt facepalm count please.

True but I'm counting Official HBB Facepalms (TM) only here.
How is it hammy? That's how I'd describe everything Dio has ever touched. The riff is a fucking classic.
No it's not. The bassline carries the song. The rest tries to be evil and fails to deliver.

The sonic vibe feels like it is trying to be dark and it fails. I'm not even talking about lyrics.

You should be on the same page. Cause THOSE RIFFS MAN.

And he rules because of it, nerd.

You're talking to someone that considers Slauter Xstroyes to be one of the best metal bands in existence. I love ham. You can't spell my name without it. Dio is still a massive ham though, whereas Born Again is stripped-down and much closer to the stoned bleakness of some of Ozzy's best, unlike rainbows-and-unicorns Dio.

The sonic vibe feels like it is trying to be dark and it fails. I'm not even talking about lyrics.

You should be on the same page. Cause THOSE RIFFS MAN.

I mean it incorporates some Sabbath doominess at parts but that's not really the bulk of the song at all. Gillian almost half-talks in the verses, it has a very loose lazy casual vibe there. The chorus is catchy and easy to sign along to. It's no more evil than, say, the average Wino-era Saint Vitus song.

I consider a person's opinion on Born Again to be one of the easiest litmus tests of whether or not a person has anything valuable to say regarding metal tbh.

This is mine.

Good pick. On a more rational day I could prefer it since it is more consistent and elaborate, but the raw ugliness and aggression of Born Again makes it the most emotionally engaging Sabbath album imo (Ozzy was too stoned and out of it to be relatable, and Dio is only relatable when I feel like a poofter).

What are your top 3 fam?