Albums currently kicking your ass

220053.jpg

Graveyard

1862.jpg

Morrigan. Need to listen to these guys more, they play killer black metal.

I blasted these guys this morning! Celts, specifically. I don't really like the album start to finish but "Giants of Stone" and "Dance of the Leprechaun" are among the best black metal songs I know. I got a little teary-eyed during the soaring chorus of the former.

I blasted these guys this morning! Celts, specifically. I don't really like the album start to finish but "Giants of Stone" and "Dance of the Leprechaun" are among the best black metal songs I know. I got a little teary-eyed during the soaring chorus of the former.

Those two plus Staring in the Eyes of Chuchullain were always my favourites from Celts too. Not sure how familiar you are with the rest of their stuff, they have great epics scattered throughout their discography. Check out 'Where The Angels Keep Silence' from the debut, 'Anam Cara' from Enter the Sea of Flames, 'Where Rainbows End' from Headcult (most of Headcult counts tbh but I always loved this one), and 'Life, Death and the Here After' from Welcome to Samhain. I kind of burnt myself out around 2012 after obsessing over them for a few years, and then Diananns Whisper was an enormously disappointing final album, but listening to these songs again reminds me just how much I used to love them.

The debut album was extremely average heavy metal with epic leanings. It shouldn't be that hard to improve on that if they actually put in effort.

Maybe a little harsh. If you cut the Manilla Road cover and the last song the debut is pretty decent. Maybe I'm a sucker for the style though. I've got the new one coming in the mail tomorrow.

R-4396547-1367652373-7950.jpeg.jpg

The Battle of Tyr/Odin's Court/Valhalla is probably some of the best material in their discography. What an incredible album. Same goes for some of the faster tracks like The Lawmaker and the awesome opening epic that is Anno Mundi.

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
Maybe a little harsh. If you cut the Manilla Road cover and the last song the debut is pretty decent. Maybe I'm a sucker for the style though. I've got the new one coming in the mail tomorrow.

I dunno. Too many reissues of actually good trad metal are happening nowadays for me to care about every one of these retro bands. Gatekeeper is the best one out of all of the ones that seem to pal around on Facebook but some of the others are less exciting.

Reactions: CiG
I dunno. Too many reissues of actually good trad metal are happening nowadays for me to care about every one of these retro bands. Gatekeeper is the best one out of all of the ones that seem to pal around on Facebook but some of the others are less exciting.
I generally think that Visigoth's debut is good but I don't listen to it too often. I remember gravitating towards it due to not having found much in the way of metal I liked back in 2015 but I doubt that it would seem as good if I really looked back through the albums that came out that year.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah I think Lucifer, Ironsword, Magic Circle, Christian Mistress, Sacral Rage, Iron Kobra and Terminus all released better heavy metal albums back in 2015.