Albums currently kicking your ass

16048.jpg

One of the most immense things ever

Reactions: Slayed Necros
What's your favorite? Release from Agony?

Eternal Devastation. Release From Agony is a respectable third; the peaks are as amazing as anything from the adjacent albums, but there are a couple of moments that are a little chuggy/pedestrian. 84-90 Destruction is the best run any thrash band ever had, though.

Eternal Devastation. Release From Agony is a respectable third; the peaks are as amazing as anything from the adjacent albums, but there are a couple of moments that are a little chuggy/pedestrian. 84-90 Destruction is the best run any thrash band ever had, though.

Second you mean, after Slayer's 3 album plus EP run.

Destruction has at least ten songs superior to whatever Slayer's best is (probably Chemical Warfare or Necrophobic). Probably twenty.

Lies and slander. I assume you also mean Necrophiliac not Necrophobic because Necrophobic is kind of a strange choice. Slayer’s best songs are obviously At Dawn They Sleep and Crypts of Eternity.
I love Destruction as you know, but they’re not peak Slayer.

Yeah that was my dyslexia again, I meant Necrophiliac. At Dawn They Sleep is a great song but it's overlong and Lombardo's uninspired drumming clashes with what is otherwise one of their more ambitious tracks. Nearly everything on None Shall Defy takes that song and upgrades it. Crypts of Eternity is average for the album, still a strong song but hardly amazing.

Sodom has never released an album better than a 7/10, and never a song better than an 8/10. Agent Orange through Tapping the Vein are painfully bland to the point of becoming shit. I like Anthrax more than Sodom these days.

Yeah that was my dyslexia again, I meant Necrophiliac. At Dawn They Sleep is a great song but it's overlong and Lombardo's uninspired drumming clashes with what is otherwise one of their more ambitious tracks. Nearly everything on None Shall Defy takes that song and upgrades it. Crypts of Eternity is average for the album, still a strong song but hardly amazing.

Sodom has never released an album better than a 7/10, and never a song better than an 8/10. Agent Orange through Tapping the Vein are painfully bland to the point of becoming shit. I like Anthrax more than Sodom these days.

Tapping the Vein is bland? I recommend you revisit it.

Reactions: CiG