Albums currently kicking your ass

Craft_-_Fuck_The_Universe.jpg

a2166450994_10.jpg

I had no idea that band was even active let alone this actually coming out. I've been waiting a long time for this.

For those curious and can't google anything it's Wisdom Through Agony Into Illumination and Lunacy vol. II

spiralcastle.jpg

Real bass lines, chords that aren't power chords, riffs that are longer than a single bar, this one is actually good so far. Murky production is sweet too. Just finishing Seven Trumpets though, there's still time to for them to fuck it up.

EDIT: There were two bad riffs in total, but by Manilla Road standards that's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serjeant Grumbles
spiralcastle.jpg

Real bass lines, chords that aren't power chords, riffs that are longer than a single bar, this one is actually good so far. Murky production is sweet too. Just finishing Seven Trumpets though, there's still time to for them to fuck it up.

EDIT: There were two bad riffs in total, but by Manilla Road standards that's pretty amazing.

I may have to check this one out then

Overall it has pretty strong psych-y vibes, it's not as metallic as most of the other stuff I've heard, which is a good thing because they suck at metal riffs largely.

Also listened to Gates of Fire to round out my 9 for crimson's thread, which was shit as expected from having heard Rome in that earlier playlist.