Albums currently kicking your ass

Controversial opinion: Crystal Logic might be their best album, but the 00s was their best decade on the whole.

giphy.gif

i do need to go back and revisit some of those 00's albums though.

MANILLA-ROAD-Voyager-POSTER.jpg

Controversial opinion: Crystal Logic might be their best album, but the 00s was their best decade on the whole.
I have to listen to Voyager again. That said, the '00s definitely weren't bad. Gates of Fire is probably the worst of that period seeing as how I remember it being rather repetitive.

I have to listen to Voyager again. That said, the '00s definitely weren't bad. Gates of Fire is probably the worst of that period seeing as how I remember it being rather repetitive.

That's definitely controversial since Gates of Fire is considered to be one of their best 00s releases, and perhaps one of their best in general.

I really like some of the tracks on Voyager, but others seem to drag a bit. The first track rules, but god damn that intro is far too long.

That's definitely controversial since Gates of Fire is considered to be one of their best 00s releases, and perhaps one of their best in general.
If I recall correctly, one of my initial complaints with the album when I first heard Gates of Fire was that Shelton simply rode on one riff for way too long given how lengthy the tracks were on the album with tracks like The Fall of Iliam being among the worst offenders.

Ironically (or maybe appropriately) Voyager is like a literal viking voyage, it messes up here and there, gets lost in the fog, occasionally it hits a shore and successfully raids a village, but it's fundamentally like a band voyaging through new sounds and ideas and inevitably cocks it up at times.

a2929437566_16.jpg

Resurrecting from my grave to post this album in memory of Don Millard.

RIP my blunt jungle friend.

P.S. Whats good my old UM community? Good to see some familiar names still rolling around these parts.
Yeah, can't believe he's fucking gone, you know what happened? I've been off Facebook for awhile and only have internet access when I'm at my parents. RIP Don, I hope in death you finally get your Baltimore crab cakes and a massage with a happy ending. Also fucking good to see you posting man. Hows everything going?