Albums currently kicking your ass

Some old classic Therion I haven't heard in a while.

The singer in this video looks like she was a needle short of a full injection but the song is good and her vox made this album great.

R-462741-1467124715-9382.jpeg.jpg

This one kinda lies in the shadows of Epicus... which is a better album, but let's face it, this still fucking rules. Some of the riffs on this are crushingly heavy, there's just so much weight and power behind them. Messiah's vocals are a bit too dramatic at times for my taste, but it's a minor complaint.

"The Well of Souls" and "Dark are the Veils of Death" are two of their best songs ever.

There's just not enough doom (or at least I've not heard a whole lot of it) that pulls of this epic style of doom as effectively as Candlemass.

Last edited:
R-462741-1467124715-9382.jpeg.jpg

This one kinda lies in the shadows of Epicus... which is a better album, but let's face it, this still fucking rules. Some of the riffs on this are crushingly heavy, there's just so much weight and power behind them. Messiah's vocals are a bit too dramatic at times for my taste, but it's a minor complaint.

"The Well of Souls" and "Dark are the Veils of Death" are two of their best songs ever.

There's just not enough doom (or at least I've not heard a whole lot of it) that pulls of this epic style of doom as effectively as Candlemass.

I loved Messiah's vox, whether he is being dramatic or powerful. Its a shame his return to the band was more of a disappointment. He just isn't singing that power opera anymore. Then again he's got be up there in age now, probably pushing 75 or something.

Persia just don't have the musical culture to produce top singers and musicians.
What kind of Persian music have you listended to? Have you heard anything featuring the Dastan Ensemble or the percussion ensemble Zarbang? I wouldn't expect you to like the music they play, but they are definitely top musicians.

For one, music, dance, and singing, along with the sale of musical instruments, is banned under the sharia. While not all Islamic countries follow the sharia as they are supposed to, they follow it well enough to keep their culture down and out, incapable with competing with Europe's vast musical culture.
Are you talking about music in general or specific music genres?

Even Russians agree Europe has the world's most dominant music culture and Russians are nothing but Russian pride.
Russia is a part of Europe.

She didn't wear the title belt for world champion so I didn't bother remembering song titles.
I wonder if it was actually Atrox you listened to, because you wrote you checked out "the band" I referenced, whereas I had actually mentioned three bands.

But without a doubt, Messiah Marcolin is the best all time metal vocalist.
While I'd say that he's one of my favourite male metal singers, I like Johan Langquist's vocals on Candlemass' debut album better.

The singer in this video looks like she was a needle short of a full injection but the song is good and her vox made this album great.
What do you think of Dreams of Sanity's debut album "Komödia" then, on which she shared the lead vocals with Sandra Schleret?