Albums currently kicking your ass

He also played in Noothgrush. Sick sludge metal band.

Yeah, pretty much me too. I don't dislike Gruesome by any means, but Death released a shitload of albums so why bother with them. Bands who play worship metal that base their sound on very shortlived bands are cooler.

Death's discography is quite diverse as far as death metal goes. While I love most of their albums it's hard to put The Sound of Perseverance and Leprosy in the same camp as far as listening mood goes. Leprosy will always be a classic, but I do love a fresh take on one of my favorite death metal styles.

no im not sure where you read that i haven't lsitend to it. I actually bought the album way before reading that interview.

I dont have problems with cover bands either, i just dont listen to them because i think it's pointless. And nothing on that album sounds original or fresh to my ears, which in no way is a make or break for me. But the case here is rather different as i already explained to you why i lost respect for them. What im basically saying is that i dont listen to or support that band.

Gotcha. You didn't. But when you said "I put them aside" in that context it almost sounded like you meant you didn't check them out, but I couldn't tell for sure if that's what you meant. Totally respect the last part.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
oh and we just went through this about a month or two ago, but i dont get "burned out" on my favorite bands, especially when its albums i consider to be all time favorites.

I don't long term really either. But I do have a problem with playing the same albums over and over and over again in a short period of time lol.

... including Exhumed. Not really a fan of their earlier work which i also find to be highly overrated. I like their later stuff. All Guts, No Glory is a very good album and my favorite from them. I'd easily take the two Dekapitator albums over the rest of their stuff.

Pounder was pretty cool. Dig Dekapitator a lot as well but not quite as much as Gruesome personally. Just ticks the right boxes for me. Been a while since I listened to Exhumed but All Guts No Glory was fantastic. I'm with TB on that, though I do enjoy the earlier work to an extent. Crazy that one man can have so many projects

Pounder was pretty cool. Dig Dekapitator a lot as well but not quite as much as Gruesome personally. Just ticks the right boxes for me. Been a while since I listened to Exhumed but All Guts No Glory was fantastic. I'm with TB on that, though I do enjoy the earlier work to an extent. Crazy that one man can have so many projects
Necrocracy and Death Revenge are pretty good too. And yeah man he's all over the place but still somehow manages to release a bunch of quality stuff.

17582.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic and CiG