Albums currently kicking your ass

R-5744449-1401465383-6775.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
a4174545945_5.jpg

Sweet, got the image function to work finally.

Anyways, feel like a fool for not discovering these guys until tonight. Not even through the third song and it's already kicking my ass. Total old school death metal worship. My absolute favorite kind.

Edit: more like straight Death worship.

Reactions: CiG and Slammed
i always liked Matt Harvey, but i put that band aside after reading an interview where he basically sounded like he was sitting on a highorse and talking sideways shit about Death and Chuck in particular all while acting like he was still some kind of fan of the band(Leprosy in particular). He seems like a total douchebag, which is sad because i like a few of his other projects(Dekapitator, Exhumed)

They don't want to be original they are paying homage to Chuck and Death. Check out their Wacken live set from either '18 or '17

They don't want to be original they are paying homage to Chuck and Death. Check out their Wacken live set from either '18 or '17

Yeah, I know. I get it lol. Just saying I'm okay with more of the same old same old in this case.

i always liked Matt Harvey, but i put that band aside after reading an interview where he basically sounded like he was sitting on a highorse and talking sideways shit about Death and Chuck in particular all while acting like he was still some kind of fan of the band(Leprosy in particular). He seems like a total douchebag, which is sad because i like a few of his other projects(Dekapitator, Exhumed)

Repulsion as well I believe and he was on the "death to all" tour. So that's kind of odd he would be saying those things. That sucks though. As long as I don't have to be in a band with him, it's still a killer album.

Edit: it is most definitely Leprosy worship in particular. It sounds just like a better production quality version of Leprosy. Spot on.

He also played in Noothgrush. Sick sludge metal band.

i rather listen to the band they're trying to imitate down to a tee anyway. They're basically nothing more than an inferior cover band in my eyes.

Yeah, pretty much me too. I don't dislike Gruesome by any means, but Death released a shitload of albums so why bother with them. Bands who play worship metal that base their sound on very shortlived bands are cooler.

i rather listen to the band they're trying to imitate down to a tee anyway. They're basically nothing more than a inferior cover band in my eyes.

To each their own. I've got nothing against worship bands if they're worshipping the stuff I wish there was more of. Leprosy is my hands down favorite death album by far, but if I spin it day after day I'm going to burn myself out. This is like a new outlet. Did I read it correctly that you haven't listened to it? Or am I mistaken? I still think it's worth giving a shot if that's the case. The songs are still original and fresh. The stylistic elements are just familiar to Death fans.

To each their own. I've got nothing against worship bands if they're worshipping the stuff I wish there was more of. Leprosy is my hands down favorite death album by far, but if I spin it day after day I'm going to burn myself out. This is like a new outlet. Did I read it correctly that you haven't listened to it? Or am I mistaken? I still think it's worth giving a shot if that's the case. The songs are still original and fresh. The stylistic elements are just familiar to Death fans.

no im not sure where you read that i haven't lsitend to it. I actually bought the album way before reading that interview.

I dont have problems with cover bands either, i just dont listen to them because i think it's pointless. And nothing on that album sounds original or fresh to my ears, which in no way is a make or break for me. But the case here is rather different as i already explained to you why i lost respect for them. What im basically saying is that i dont listen to or support that band.