Albums currently kicking your ass

Illusions just never impressed me, it's fast but that's about it. It's an alright album but a 5/10-ish in my book, those others you posted are all 9-10/10s. They became better songwriters on the next two albums.

Sadus - Illusions

Aspid - Extravasation

Destruction - Eternal Devastation

Holy Terror - Terror and Submission

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

These albums have been kicking my ass today. Taking advantage of the rare time I am really in the mood for nonstop thrashing madness.
giphy.gif

btw that Sadus album is just as good if not better than everything else up there. Any self-respecting riff head would know this.

Reactions: CiG
Pick the worst riff on Eternal Devastation or Extravasation and I can guarantee that it's better than the best Illusions riff you can find.

Ah Aspid. I was just thinking about that band but I couldn't remember the name. Sweet! Been a long time but I remember digging them quite a bit

Eternal Devastation > Spectrum of Death > Terror and Submission > Extravasation > Illusions

But then I am a bit of a Destruction fanboy, especially when it comes to Sentence of Death, Infernal Overkill and Eternal Devastation.

But God, the vocals on that fucking Holy Terror album are amazing. Might have my favourite individual moments out of all of those.

Those four albums have all-time-masterpiece songs, top ~50 material out of all of metal. Confused Mind, Assassin, Distant Calling, Towards One Goal, all metal perfection. I think Mind Wars still beats the debut and it's definitely a thrashier album, but Distant Calling is legitimately beautiful and probably their best song.

A good follow-up to Black Death Horizon, but it's not their best. The production is too modern, and with their oldschool sound it's difficult to digest it. However, it's still all about great riffs that they continue to write. Fucking Detestation Rite. What a ride that song is!

Too modern? I completely disagree, in fact I think the production is the star on that album. Everything else is basically Black Death Horizon part II.