Albums currently kicking your ass

371255.jpg

Type O in Chains

First time even hearing of these guys and only two songs deep, but so far I'm loving it. Wiry, punchy melodic speed metal three-piece, not far from Schmidt-era Rage.

The production is infinitely better than the last album which helped a lot.

Listened to it today, the production is so crisp. Damn near perfect. My only beef is with Frank Calleja's vocals, not enough to ruin it but I just can't get into his style. Wish they'd bring back any of their numerous previous vocalists tbh.

Listened to it today, the production is so crisp. Damn near perfect. My only beef is with Frank Calleja's vocals, not enough to ruin it but I just can't get into his style. Wish they'd bring back any of their numerous previous vocalists tbh.

Yeah I listened to it yesterday and I liked it but the core~ish vocals are a bit odd. Embrace Your Messiah is a goddamn neckbreaker.

Reactions: CiG

Yeah I listened to it yesterday and I liked it but the core~ish vocals are a bit odd. Embrace Your Messiah is a goddamn neckbreaker.

Yes, the vox were surprising but I still dig the album.

Yes, the vox were surprising but I still dig the album.

Instrumentally it's monstrous as fuck, but those shout-leaning vocals tarnish it ever so slightly. I guess they might grow on me with more spins though.