Albums currently kicking your ass

503446.jpg

False

Don't know what it is about this album - nothing about it particularly stands out but I keep returning to it and I'm never let down.

165099.jpg

Damn, this is a band I haven't blasted in a while. Definitely an under appreciated epic doom band from way before that genre got popular.

a1518302550_16.jpg

I completely forgot that this existed and I also forgot how fucking gnarly this fucking album is.

Edit - It's Antaeus - Condemnation btw

Panopticon-Autumn_Eternal_525x525.jpg

I love revisiting an album I listened to a lot initially and really enjoyed, and it still holds the same (or more) enjoyment. Not a knock on the sub-genre, but I find this band a lot more interesting and rewarding than a lot of 'atmospheric' black metal I hear. Looking forward to his upcoming release!

Reactions: CiG
Listening to this for the first time in years, such a good album

R-789729-1280606544.jpeg.jpg

Visceral Evisceration - Incessant Desire for Palatable Flesh

The band name, album title, song titles and artwork are all incredibly misleading :lol: it's not grindcore / death metal, it's melodic doom / death in the vein of early Paradise Lost...

Reactions: CiG
523807.jpg

Man I don't know why I never listened to this band before. It's like My Dying Bride meets Theater of Tragedy.

R-7620153-1445292675-9427.jpeg.jpg

Abyssal- Antikatataseis

I think I heard this once when it came out, but hadn't given it the time it deserved. Really fascinating dark, abstract death/black.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark