Albums currently kicking your ass

400x400cc.jpg

Cannot stop spinning this masterpiece. I'm going to work my way forward from here, continuing my journey through my favorite part of Immortal's discography.
View attachment 33103

I recently re-purchased Sons of Northern Darkness after selling it probably nearly 20 years ago when I was a kvlt-black-metal-only retard. Great album, especially the second half. At the Heart of Winter rules too. Need to get another copy of Damned in Black next. Pure Holocaust will always be my favourite though - just a perfect storm of cold Nordic riffs.

Reactions: CiG
I recently re-purchased Sons of Northern Darkness after selling it probably nearly 20 years ago when I was a kvlt-black-metal-only retard. Great album, especially the second half. At the Heart of Winter rules too. Need to get another copy of Damned in Black next. Pure Holocaust will always be my favourite though - just a perfect storm of cold Nordic riffs.

Sons of Northern Darkness was my first Immortal album back around the time it came out. It may still be my favorite. There's a nice combination of riffy, fast songs and epics. I really like the change in sound that came with At the Heart of Winter and everything after it. I've only dabbled in the earlier era since I'm not as much into the more raw, lo-fi style of BM. I'm going to spend some time with Pure Holocaust. Listening to Frozen By Icewinds right now.

Reactions: Slayed Necros