Albums currently kicking your ass

I think that's a great approach to early genres, but as a genre such as black metal matures, I would expect bands to integrate aspects of many of their predecessors so as to unite the genre, if you will. As much as I love Beherit, Burzum, Graveland, Darkthrone, etc., I think it's time the genre came together in a more comprehensive style, and Farsot does just that.

If you don't mind, could you break up these acronyms for me? I've probably heard the albums, just don't handle abbrevs vw

thx

Perhaps it is a decent approach nowadays, but it isn't something that will let a band transcend being "good" into greatness in my eyes (ears?)

A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Far Away from the Sun, Under the Sign of the Black Mark

gorgutsfromwisdomtohate.jpg

:kickass:

13223u.jpg

haven't heard this one in a while, I completely forgot how fucking awesome it is. easily, one of the best thrash albums ever made.

I think that's a great approach to early genres, but as a genre such as black metal matures, I would expect bands to integrate aspects of many of their predecessors so as to unite the genre, if you will. As much as I love Beherit, Burzum, Graveland, Darkthrone, etc., I think it's time the genre came together in a more comprehensive style, and Farsot does just that.

If you don't mind, could you break up these acronyms for me? I've probably heard the albums, just don't handle abbrevs vw

thx

Like you couldn't guess, huh?
The abbreviations
*sigh

A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Hvis Lysett Tar Oss(or however it's called), Far Away from the Sun, Under the Sign of the Black Mark

I've said in other threads that I'm off mixed ancestry. Dutch, Arab, Chinese, Malay, Indian. Shah though, is a Persian name, or as the Indians say "Farsi". It's a common last name in India but it's also common amongst the Malays in Malaysia and Singapore as a first name or as a suffix to name. My full first name is Shah Rezza.

p.s Shah means King in Persian :headbang: