Albums currently kicking your ass

Horror Show and The Glorious Burden are the only albums with good drumming, although the latter is still pretty shit.
Anyways, no Iced Earth album is currently kicking my ass, but several Vintersorg (another DiGiorgio acquaintance) albums are; Visions From The Spiral Generator, Cosmic Genesis and Ödemarkens Son have been spinning alot recently. My top candidate for most underrated band in metal.

but several Vintersorg (another DiGiorgio acquaintance) albums are; Visions From The Spiral Generator, Cosmic Genesis and Ödemarkens Son have been spinning alot recently. My top candidate for most underrated band in metal.
I agree that Vintersorg rules, but you picked the wrong albums, except for Ödemarkens Son. Hedniskhjärtad och Till Fjälls are much better picks!

They're ok i guess but i'm not that into the whole folk thing, except for Ödemarkens Son where you start to hear his prog influences a bit combined with a slightly darker sound. Cosmic Genesis only has one half bad song (Ars Memorativa), otherwise it's a total musical orgasm for me.

I'm not saying Cosmic Genesis and Visions are bad albums, just that they aren't really amazing either imo (or well, they are in a way more interesting musically, but I think they lost alot of the feeling that made old Vintersorg so great). I'm very much into the whole folk thing though (atleast when it comes to Vintersorg), so that may be why are opinions differ. :p

It's extremely up and down, i think it has one of their best songs, "The Essence"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-plakdsJ3E&feature=related[/ame]

Long time fan of Vintersorg! I gave Till Fjalls a listen last week after probably a year or two break from all things Mr. V, and it still sounds fresh. I'm currently listening to Cosmic Genesis quite frequently. Algol is probably my favorite song at the moment. The guitar layering is excellent in that track, ecspecially when it breaks into the pre-chorus/chorus part.

Wow this Theocracy album "Mirror Of Souls" is kicking my ass big time

210079.jpg

BTW I didn't mean Focusing Blur is my favorite. I like some of the songs a lot. Visions might be my favorite of the later Vintersorg era.

Horror Show and The Glorious Burden are the only albums with good drumming, although the latter is still pretty shit.
Anyways, no Iced Earth album is currently kicking my ass, but several Vintersorg (another DiGiorgio acquaintance) albums are; Visions From The Spiral Generator, Cosmic Genesis and Ödemarkens Son have been spinning alot recently. My top candidate for most underrated band in metal.

Cosmic Genesis is amazing. I actually really like Solens Rotter too.