Albums currently kicking your ass

I think Cosmogenesis is more brutal, technical and straight forward, but Omnivium brings everything to a completely new level and stretches out far beyond anything I would've expected, while still retaining an unbelievable mastery of technicality and sophistication

Perhaps more technical, but I got no sense of brutality or direction of Cosmogenesis. In a word, boring. With Omnivium it sounds like Obscura finally figured out how to write songs, not just play their instruments well.

41q9kP45QiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That split with Martial Barrage is the only time i've ever been even slightly disappointed with Arghoslent and even that contained some great stuff.Their stuff pretty much always contains more riffs than you can shake a stick at.

Regarding Obscura, I haven't heard Omnivium, but Cosmogenesis was near perfect, and easily one of the best albums of 2009 for me. I don't see them topping it.

I am STILL getting my ass kicked by New World Shadows by Omnium Gatherum. It's easily going to be my album of the year despite the early release date. My mind is made up. The only thing that could possibly top it, which I see coming, would be one of the two Devin Townsend albums.