Albums currently kicking your ass

vital_remains_forever_underground_1997_cd_cover_front.jpg

The more I think about it, Vital Remains is becoming one of my favorite death metal bands. The title track here is fucking insane. Bought Dawn of Apocalypse today.... will be waiting impatiently on that.

I haven't heard that one, but Dawn of the Apocalypse is awesome, one of my favorites. The vocalist they had on it is really good, but there's not really any info I've been able to find on who he is and I don't think he's appeared on anything else. Some of the songs do suffer from the typical Vital Remains "ok, we've made a really sweet 4-5 minute song, lets repeat it all one more time and make it long" but it's not as bad as on Dechristianize. And as far as I'm concerned, the riffs on DotA are badass enough where this strategy isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Decrepitaph%20Condemned.jpg

These guys should slow the fuck down with releasing albums. From what I heard of the second, it was terrible... but this one is fantastic doomy death metal. I suppose I should check out the latest.

7266.Holy-Terror-_2D00_-Mind-Wars.jpg

This is fucking incredible, managed to pick up both their albums after it was posted in the thrash albums thread (thanks to Dodens Grav for that). Its blowing me away with its sheer awesomeness.