Albums currently kicking your ass

Blaspherian-Infernal-Warriors-Of-Death.jpg

Damnit, fucking @nus.

has anyone listened to the supposed legit recordings of the original Hell record? I won't be able to listen to my copy and I can only find the remastered version via da interweb

Huh? The band recorded an entire new album (of old songs). There was no Hell record before this. There was a version released that included remastered versions of the original demo recordings from between 82 and 86 of each song on the new album, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about. I don't have the version with the demos yet, but it's widely acknowledged that the mp3 versions of these demos floating around are shit anyway.

Huh? The band recorded an entire new album (of old songs). There was no Hell record before this. There was a version released that included remastered versions of the original demo recordings from between 82 and 86 of each song on the new album, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about. I don't have the version with the demos yet, but it's widely acknowledged that the mp3 versions of these demos floating around are shit anyway.

Yeah I just mean the original sounding tracks. I bought the 2 cd version from SKR but not going to be able to listen to that cd for about a year so id rather listen to it now instead of it just collecting dust haha

06_thereturncover.jpg

An underrated aspect of this album is the lyrics. Despite the generic song titles, the actual lyrics are pretty exciting/bone chilling to read together with the music.

Quorthon was a great lyricist overall. I think my absolute favourite lyrics are in "Holocaust", they really make you feel fragile. If you really get into the mood with the help of those lyrics, the song becomes an experience of sheer terror. You actually feel like you're awaiting a rushing nuclear bomb.