Albums currently kicking your ass

57169_infestdead_jesusatan.jpg

3a5744852d2e668be008548d381.jpg

I never really bothered with Baroness before but I youtubed a bunch of tracks from across their discography and liked them all, so I bought it.... all. :lol:
If you like Mastodon up until The Hunter, which sucks, you should love Baroness.

They seem to be getting lighter and lighter like Mastodon, unfortunately. The tracks I've heard from Yellow & Green do sound better than Mastodon's last album though, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

$(KGrHqZ,!hQE6Z0GGyeBBOu-TQU(iQ~~60_35.JPG

Dismember's best without a doubt. Despite the first 3 albums being good, I do not find the band really captured this again.

Great stuff man. Love this album.

Yeah, I prefere Hellfuck regardless. Some of Swano's coolest Riffs. I would imagine it's some of the best heavy intense satanic Death Metal. It's worth a listen regardless what you like. It's cool as hell. HELL

They seem to be getting lighter and lighter like Mastodon, unfortunately. The tracks I've heard from Yellow & Green do sound better than Mastodon's last album though, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Never got into Baroness. Not a bad band, but didn't do enough to sound like anything more than a "we wanna be Mastodon" band for my ears. Black Tusk, same thing?

Now, if we're talkin' guys that are in the same bucket but do it better...

PaqOt.jpg

Or...

q6eYS.jpg

As far as I remember Howl sucks and that's enough about them...

Indian is a drone/stoner/sludge kind of hybrid and not similar at all to Mastodon or Baroness unless they've drastically changed from the material I've heard... reminds me of Grief.
I do like the Indian I have heard though. I remember The Unquiet Sky being absolutely filthy buzzing droning sludge metal of a pretty high standard.

I get bored with most sludge metal and the fact it sounds exactly the fucking same, whether it be the dirty southern kind or the post metal kind. Exceptions exist though, Eyehategod, Isis, Mastodon, Baroness (recently) Kylesa. Most of the others fade quickly in my mind.

Yeah, I prefere Hellfuck regardless. Some of Swano's coolest Riffs. I would imagine it's some of the best heavy intense satanic Death Metal. It's worth a listen regardless what you like. It's cool as hell. HELL

Never got to listen to Hellfuck. Not easy to find a copy around here. I'd grab it for sure if I had the chance, considering how cool Jesusatan is.