Albums currently kicking your ass

47784_mystifier_the_world_is_so_good_that_who_made_it_doesnt_live_here.jpg

vinumsabbatum-sftc_big1.jpg

70s occult rock mixed with good ol sabbath and doom. rare as fuck album, good luck finding a copy. Only 555 pressed by eyes like snow on A5s. And yeah, normally rarity shoulnt matter... but this is really good stuff. Cant wait until they release a proper full length.

This fauxccult rock bullshit has run its course already. Also, I'll see your obscurity and raise you.

270459.jpg

Gene's not on the new album, it's a drum machine.

He was great on Mechanize.

I still have to check out The Industrialist and have only heard two songs, but a lot people are complaining about the band using a drum machine on the album. The thing is Gene's drumming on Mechanize and the drum machine sound exactly the same. Who cares. Pitchshifter and Godflesh used drum machines and no one thought anything of it.

I still have to check out The Industrialist and have only heard two songs, but a lot people are complaining about the band using a drum machine on the album. The thing is Gene's drumming on Mechanize and the drum machine sound exactly the same. Who cares. Pitchshifter and Godflesh used drum machines and no one thought anything of it.

They don't, though. Gene is a very skilled drummer and able to make far more tasteful and musical drumming than they could just programming into a machine. If you've ever seen his DVD, the amount of little things he does to add taste (He's huge on the word "taste" in his drumming) to even blast beats; for example not only hitting in the center of the snare to toy with the amount of ring, or accenting certain hits on the ride cymbal.

I'm not saying he didn't play mechanically, I mean that's FF's style, but Gene adds a lot more than a drum machine can do. As for the other two bands, well... they're industrial-tinged. Duh. That's what they do. It's like saying no one complains about an electronica band using synths. That's kinda the genre.