Albums currently kicking your ass

20120523032909!Dark_Tranquillity_-_We_Are_the_Void.jpg

Also this.

0000183310_500.jpg

Fucking wonderful album. I wish I understood the clean vocals... or even the album title for that matter. Would anyone happen to know what it means? (and also, typing it into google translate doesnt really work. I tried that far)

'To serve death is bitter' would be the English translation. The biggest mistake people make when translating German is assuming the sequence of words in the German sentence is the exact same order you put the English words in.

4 years of Undergrad German up in this fucking thread.

322294.jpg

Alcest is just fantastic music. The band may very well be the best shoegaze out there, metal influenced or not. The only shoegaze I've heard on Neige's level is the very god of the genre itself, My Bloody Valentine.

I bought this on cd when it was released, pre-ordered from germany and now I grabbed it on gold vinyl, finally released with the original artwork instead of the alternate vinyl art.

Krow you sneaky ninja you! Pallbearer is totally awesome mkay!?
I didn't like it at first either but it really grew on me, one of my favorite releases of the year so far for sure.

cancer_empire_import-zonaria-4102818-frnt.jpg

Kicks my ass yet again. Looking forward to the new album, no chance in hell to beat this one though...

This demo has been rockin my speakers nearly all fuckin day. Sludgey stoner doom done right!

I really hope they do a vinyl pressing in the near future because I would love to see this beautiful artwork on a gatefold.

Last edited by a moderator:
MORBUS-CHRON-Sleepers-in-the-Rift.jpg

Nearly a year later this is still holding up pretty damn good.

bolt_thrower-those_once_loyal.jpg

Why the fuck didnt I own this one? Just bought it on cd and vinyl.

desolate%2Bshrine-tenebrous%2Btowers.jpg

Thundering finnish death metal

And finally...

803341249950.jpg

Was listening to this in the car today. Nearly blew my face clean off.