Albums currently kicking your ass

How's it stack against their last album? That was top 10 of the year, IIRC.

Its a bit softer, but nothing to get too crazy about. If you liked their previous material, youll probably be as stoked as I am with it.

Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées is still my favorite album theyve created but in a few months of listening to this, I might change my mind, its up there for sure. They even have an acoustic version of one of my favorite songs off SeSDP, L'Echappee <3

Its a bit softer, but nothing to get too crazy about. If you liked their previous material, youll probably be as stoked as I am with it.

Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées is still my favorite album theyve created but in a few months of listening to this, I might change my mind, its up there for sure. They even have an acoustic version of one of my favorite songs off SeSDP, L'Echappee <3

Listening right now. Soft ain't a bad thing with these guys. They're not Opeth, it's not like they're turning their back on their "roots" if it's not brvtal or anything. I'll say this, though: two minutes into the opening track and I'm already loving it. Fuck yes.

That Les Discrets album is wonderful. I preordered the digibook version when it came out and i've played it to hell and back.

immolation_majestyanddecay_lg.jpg

INFATUATION_362.jpg

Satanic+Blood+Spraying+-+At+The+Mercy+Of+Satan+(2012).jpg

This is a 24 minute face pounding. Black metal fueled by punk speed/anger. Fun stuff, but I really wish it was longer.

That's a great way of describing it. It's like black metal with a punk mentality (but not a punk SOUND, it's pure black). I dig it.

opeth-blackwater-park.jpg

I haven't listened to this in years, and I randomly decided to throw it on. SO many good and terrible memories, plus such an amazing, beautiful, and haunting album...fuck yes.

Been a while since an album really surprised me and kicked my ass, but here ya go.

Sanctification - Black Reign
3XGKW.jpg

This is truly my favorite brutal/slam death album. They didn't pioneer the style, they aren't doing anything innovative, but what they did here was take the style and refine it so fucking well that I can listen to it from beginning to end at almost any time.

Pathology - Awaken to the Suffering
1h36N.jpg

Exactly. I've been listening to the hell out of this recently. Excellent start to finish.

Little early to call it, but this is turning into my favorite death metal album of all time.

Wretched - Son of Perdition
qVcvD.jpeg

If anyone can point me at other death metal with this kind of apocalyptic feel that isn't melodeath that would be awesome.

The phrase "prog death" makes me want to punch babies, but this is excellent.

Amoral - Wound Creations
rfvYu.jpg

Full of Hell - Roots of Earth are Consuming My Home
Cgk7C.jpg

If you're a fan of Trap Them, All Pigs Must Die, Drainland, etc, you will FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM.