Albums currently kicking your ass

DA-JouHou.jpg

fit-for-an-autopsy-the-process-of-human-extermination.jpg

Shit. I've posted two deathcore albums in a row now. Oh well. If you like The Acacia Strain or Whitechapel you WILL like this... and yes, I know the album cover throws up all kinds of red flags.

Atoma - Skylight 2012, has some beautiful post rock/dark metal songs. Really gets better with every listen ^^

People that like Alcest/ Agalloch/ Anathema/moody stuff should check out this band, they're good!

Atoma-Skylight.jpg

"For people who like moody black-ish metal bands with A-names..."

fit-for-an-autopsy-the-process-of-human-extermination.jpg

Shit. I've posted two deathcore albums in a row now. Oh well. If you like The Acacia Strain or Whitechapel you WILL like this... and yes, I know the album cover throws up all kinds of red flags.

I keep trying to get into this band and failing. Part of it's production, part of it is that the music is REALLY lacking in any kind of texture and nuance.

Side note: I know "nuance" and "Acacia Strain" fit together like "compassion for the youth" and "The Pope", but honestly listen to Death is the Only Mortal and take a moment picking apart all the layers. It has a lot going on there besides just the standard chuggachugs.

Oh I guess I should probably fire up an album, too.

Dethalbum-III.jpg

Yeah I think the production is thin, but the fact that the guy from Home Movies is putting together some solid-ass metal just blows my mind. I think these tracks would be a lot better if watched within the context of the show as opposed to standalone.

can't be bothered posting an image

listening to Steel Attack's Diabolic Symphony which is owning me, dark, heavy power metal not that euro flower power bullshit

Yoda just has an obsession with things being trve in metal. That being said, yea dethklok sounds like average melodic death metal. Something I don't particularly fancy...

The Chasm-Deathcult for Eternity

This has always been one of my favorite death metal albums but listening to it on cactus juice put it right at the top. It was an experience I can't even describe.

Yoda just has an obsession with things being trve in metal. That being said, yea dethklok sounds like average melodic death metal. Something I don't particularly fancy...

Yeah, they're not great, however given their origin the quality of their product should be surprising.

264428.jpg

This is just... wow. Two songs into this and I'm in contact with the band looking for a copy. At first listen, I'm borderline speechless to how great this sounds.