Albums currently kicking your ass

excursion%20demise.gif

One of those albums that I get a little sick of if I listen to it too much, but it's been a while and kicking my ass right now.

I picked this one up recently, and the other album they did also - good stuff.

They actually have four albums, but I'll assume you mean Weave the Apocalypse and are ignoring the others which is fair enough.

(But Dying to Live is actually pretty strong too, albeit groove metal.)

They actually have four albums, but I'll assume you mean Weave the Apocalypse and are ignoring the others which is fair enough.

(But Dying to Live is actually pretty strong too, albeit groove metal.)

Ah yeah, sorry - my bad. I only picked up the first two and semi-forgot they had released any others.

Just noticed on Metal Archives that they have an "Early Years" demo compilation - might have a look at that.

Currently kicking my ass;

Obliteration - Black Death Horizon

7090014388495.jpg

It's death, with some black, thrash and doom peppered over the top in places - sounds amazing.

Rivers of Nihil- The Conscious Seed Of Light
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Nocturnal Graves- From The Bloodline of Cain
Mastodon- Crack the Skye
Death Angel- The Dream Calls For Blood
Decrepit Birth- Polarity
These are just a few to say the least.

It's not an amazing album, but it's really solid imo. Obviously if you're expecting the next Psalm 9 or S/T it will fall short, but it's still clearly a Trouble album and has nods to their original stuff as well as the newer stoner-y rock. Kyle Thomas' vocals are a great fit as well.

grace1.jpg

^Heard that last night finally. Fucking excellent once again. So glad that Inquisition can put out another quality album while signing to a label like Season of the Mist.

236.jpg

First snow fall of the season here in Northern Illinois. Instead of blasting Agalloch's "Falling Snow" (which several of my friends already did) I figured I'd change it up and blast this old school classic. Fucking bone-chilling. Icy as fuck.