Albums currently kicking your ass

Count me as another that enjoyed Kreator's last album. It is probably the album from 2012 that I have replayed the most this year.

havokunnatural.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Havok tonight with Soulfly. I might duck out during Soulfly...depends if they start playing Sepultura covers again.

Fyrnask's Eldir Nott... intro/first track is amazing. Theres a few moments of dissonance that doesn't quite fit with the rest of the album, but other than that it's pretty amazing. I'd have to go 4.5+/5

The whole album is quite good, it didnt disappoint me in the least. Can wait to give it a proper spin when my vinyl gets here.

Currently kicking my ass:
Marriages_Kitsune.jpg

This album hits so many sweet spots.

Count me as another that enjoyed Kreator's last album. It is probably the album from 2012 that I have replayed the most this year.

Looking forward to seeing Havok tonight with Soulfly. I might duck out during Soulfly...depends if they start playing Sepultura covers again.

Nice. Havok is pretty fun live, they get a good pit going. Wish I was going. I may see them thursday night in Hollywood though. Depends what time I get off work.

I also enjoyed Phantom Antichrist.

Great riff work, great vocals, just wish they'd drop the flutes

Can see your point about the flute, even tho I remember it not really bothering me. Been a while since I last listened to them, so I may need to spin it again to refresh my memory. Good band overall.

Falkenbach - Asa

THE best album this year for me by far! This is absolutely amazing. Catchy as hell and those whistling parts are out of this world... :yow:

Can see your point about the flute, even tho I remember it not really bothering me. Been a while since I last listened to them, so I may need to spin it again to refresh my memory. Good band overall.

I get cheesy stuff like that in bands like Blood Ceremony (even though I loathe that band), but Hands of Orlac always came off to me as a relatively serious band so the cheesy flute just throws me off.

I think this is the first project I've heard Emma Ruth Rundle really come to fruition in. She and Greg make an awesome combo and I'd even go so far as to say he's giving Jeff Caxide a run for his money these days.

I havent heard any of her other projects, but seriously that album is borderline perfection.

Currently kicking my ass:
YOB_The_Great_Cessation_album_cover.jpg

Yob always delivers the goods. :kickass:

Hmmmmm. You might want to give The Fear is Excruciating, But Therein Lies the Answer another listen. It puts 95% of 3rd-wave post rock to shame. If you like the surreal atmospheres in Kitsune, I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy the album thoroughly.