Albums currently kicking your ass

Stomach Earth - s/t
EOY0CFyl.jpg

Zu - Carboniferous
sJjmsE6l.jpg

Indian - From All Purity
TDDexzfl.jpg

Buckle up, motherfuckers. I'm back to tearing through as many albums as I can. Looking to hit 2-3 a day for this thread.

NailsAbandonAllLifealbumcoverartworkpackshot400pxThrashHits.jpg

220 pounds of pure power per second. This whole album is beast!

I sorta feel bad for Nails. Unsilent Death came out of NOWHERE, so even if later albums are better, everyone will say their debut was best just because of the pure shock upon hearing it the first time.

I sorta feel bad for Nails. Unsilent Death came out of NOWHERE, so even if later albums are better, everyone will say their debut was best just because of the pure shock upon hearing it the first time.
I wouldn't say Unsilent Death came out of nowhere cause anyone who's into hardcore should know well (or at least heard about) Six Feet Under Records, which released this fantastic record. Also Todd Jones has played in well-known hardcore acts such as Carry On, Betrayed, Terror, etc. Plus Unsilent Death was recorded on Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou's recording studio.

I remember when Abandon All Life came out I wasn't much into that album at first (I didn't like vocals, I didn't like the production), but after a while it started to grow on me more and more, and it's initial disadvantages began to turn into advantages. My advice to you is just give this album a time.

I wouldn't say Unsilent Death came out of nowhere cause anyone who's into hardcore should know well (or at least heard about) Six Feet Under Records, which released this fantastic record. Also Todd Jones has played in well-known hardcore acts such as Carry On, Betrayed, Terror, etc. Plus Unsilent Death was recorded on Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou's recording studio.

I remember when Abandon All Life came out I wasn't much into that album at first (I didn't like vocals, I didn't like the production), but after a while it started to grow on me more and more, and it's initial disadvantages began to turn into advantages. My advice to you is just give this album a time.

Well that's what I mean. People into hardcore might have known about Todd Jones (I'm definitely a Terror fan), but Unsilent Death fucking exploded onto the metal landscape, reviews were showering it with accolades, calling it the heaviest album in years, the most furious release they'd ever heard, etc etc.

Quick side note: I agree. When people ask me for an album that's just pure white-knuckle fury, I give them Unsilent Death.

I think Abandon All Life is an AWESOME album. In some ways it's better than Unsilent Death. But unfortunately for the majority of people, Unsilent Death has that magical aura to it for being their first exposure to the batshit insanity that is Nails so they'll compare it less to the album itself and more to their gobsmacked reaction to it, y'know?

^ Summing up, it's all about the 'gobsmacked' reaction and impression which Unsilent Death has on people when they listen to it for the first time. Yeah, and if someone asked me to recommend him the most violent, furious record I've ever heard it would certainly be Nails' debut album. Although I love both albums, but Abandon All Life wasn't for me something new or surprising, rather it was a logical course of their previous work.

PS: It's a bit odd to see a Terror fan here, what other hardcore bands do you like?

^ Summing up, it's all about the 'gobsmacked' reaction and impression which Unsilent Death has on people when they listen to it for the first time. Yeah, and if someone asked me to recommend him the most violent, furious record I've ever heard it would certainly be Nails' debut album. Although I love both albums, but Abandon All Life wasn't for me something new or surprising, rather it was a logical course of their previous work.

PS: It's a bit odd to see a Terror fan here, what other hardcore bands do you like?

Big ones for me are Reign Supreme, Trapped Under Ice, Ruiner,Casey Jones.

Current albums!

Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette
XX1cSsal.jpg

Amesouers - s/t
mZew5Pil.jpg

Heretoir - s/t
DnVBpFSl.jpg

Yeah, I dunno...I guess I treat this thread differently because an album needs to sit with me more than just one spin. Unless its one of those occasional albums that hits you right off the bat.

EDIT:

Whatever, dont mind me. Im fucking drunk and talking nonsense.