Albums currently kicking your ass

Altar of Plagues - Mammal
rZv9UABl.jpg

Windir - Likferd
0uNtebtl.jpg

Helrunar - Sol
1RvUfpll.jpg

385220.jpg

This has been destroying me for the last few weeks. I dare say this is an epic doom masterpiece.

I usually don't check out music unless its specifically recommended to me, but luckily this illness has totally fried by brain and I'm listening to that.

Fucking gorgeous. Right off the bat, first track. Which is very important to me with new bands.

I still listen to Fear Factory. I like Soul of A New Machine, but Demanufacture and Obsolete is where it is at. Pisschrist.
Without a doubt, Demanufacture is a perfect, flawless record from start to finish, but I can't say the same about Obsolete. Mostly because of its obvious nu-metal leanings and such melodic/cheesy sounding songs as Descent, Resurrection, and Timelessness. Despite of this, Cars is a totally awesome track. It's hard to call Obsolete an actual industrial metal album, rather it's nu-metal with industrial influences and relevant sound effects here and there, that doesn't deserve to be on the same shelf with its predecessors.

One of these days I'll understand the hullabaloo of Fear Factory. There are mayyyyyybe two songs of theirs I like.

So the best song on the album is a Gary Numan cover. Ringing endorsement there (not that the original isn't a classic of course).

sacrifice+soldiers+of+misfortune+1991.jpg

Downfall of Gaia - Suffocating in the Swarm of Cranes
ywogs63l.jpg

Planks - Funeral Mouth
sYht7nal.jpg

Times to Burn - is.Land
ZETAc6ll.jpg

Amenra - Mass V (Vinyl Edition)
LZXrH8Ml.jpg

Celeste - ANIMALE(S)
POxOc9Hl.jpg

That Celeste album is one of my favorites in ages. Talk about a powerful album, holy shit.

Fuck yeah. One of my favorites from last year, and from them, too.

Yeah man. It's just this perfect marriage of great songwriting and huge production.

Today's killer.

Black Math Horseman - Wyllt
u3HlSxzl.jpg

Just the one. This album has been on blast for a while now. I rarely call and album "perfect" but, for the style of music it is, I haven't found anything better. If there is anything out there, please let me know.