Albums currently kicking your ass

Heartbreaker when it came across my newsfeed they broke up. :(

Well that just figures. :cry:

Any ideas for albums that are like this? Because holy fuck. I feel like every spacey-doom-black type album was striving to be Wyllt and failed.

io-review_panopticon-k_h.jpg

@SGD: you might also like her other project Black Mare. Also if you haven't checked these out already Ides of Gemini and Subrosa have something similar to BMH.

Currently really digging Obliteration - Black Death Horizon

@SGD: you might also like her other project Black Mare. Also if you haven't checked these out already Ides of Gemini and Subrosa have something similar to BMH.

Currently really digging Obliteration - Black Death Horizon

Black Mare: :headbang:

Ides of Gemini: :headbang::headbang:

SubRosa: :headbang:

Excellent suggestions.

Love Black Math Horseman and Subrosa to death, but Ides of Gemini just does not do it for me. What I've heard has been weak sauce - uninspired, female-fronted stoner doom.

Also, it's good to have you back SGD :D

Have heard both Planks and Downfall of Gaia, but neither of those releases. I'll have to check em out.

What style is this?

It's hard to totally pin down. Sort of a... black/post/hardcore/screamo/sludge thing? Pick all the cool parts of those genres and put them in one pot and you have Celeste. They're one of the genuinely heaviest and most stifling bands I've heard in a while.

I suggest starting with Misanthrope(s). That one comes out like a fucking cannon and lets you know what you're in for right from the first second.

It's hard to totally pin down. Sort of a... black/post/hardcore/screamo/sludge thing? Pick all the cool parts of those genres and put them in one pot and you have Celeste. They're one of the genuinely heaviest and most stifling bands I've heard in a while.

I suggest starting with Misanthrope(s). That one comes out like a fucking cannon and lets you know what you're in for right from the first second.

Wouldn't have guessed that by the album covers. That's for sure. I'll check it out. Thanks, man.

This is coming from a guy who recommends the band, Begging For Incest. You out of all people I would think would be able to oversee something so fucking trivial, and focus on the music.

Anyway, you have to be talking about their album covers/lyrical content because they play live in practically complete darkness. Only mildly using a strobe and red headlamps, so not much "molestery" image there. So what, they have one off putting album cover. Big whoop.

And in all fairness, their lyrical content can get molestery at times, but considering their lyrics are in French, it doesnt really bother me all too much. Especially because its not like they are pro-child molestation and being creepy about it. Its touching on subjects that we turn our heads to. Topics that are racy and made to erk you because domestic violence, extreme poverty, child abuse, and molestation is more commonly swept under the rug then brought to the surface.

In all honesty, I think its extremely fucking dark and innovative. The only thing Im bothered by is the fact I cant sing a long because I dont know the French language.

I don't even like begging for incest....

Let's go with Parasitic Ejaculation instead. And still, those are tongue in cheek, not dick in minor.

I've noticed there are a FUCKLOAD of good bands coming out of France. I could spend all day just scoping through that country.

David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0

Leave it to the Berklee grads to come up with top notch djent fusion, I guess. This is just really good music with excellent jazz and funk sensibilities, post-hardcore vocals inspired by Anthony Green, operatic stuff, awesome ensemble work, all while maintaining solid riffs. It's thoughtfully composed and doesn't ham-hand the transitions. Color me impressed.