Albums currently kicking your ass

941.jpg

I don't understand why Formulas Fatal to the Flesh is so underrated.
Whosnext.jpg

Seriously one of the best albums of all time in all genres. Keith Moon is insane on this album. He is one of the most renowned drummers, and for good reason.

It's good, don't get me wrong, but it tries harder than it seems to be like Mental Funeral, like trying to relive their glory days. Autopsy is so good though. \m/

Autopsy-The-Headless-Ritual.jpg

The first time I heard this I turned it off half way through because it was boring me and I wasn't particularly in the mood for Autopsy to begin with. The second time around it's completely owning my face, I feel more optimistic about their next one coming up. This is different than Macabre Eternal but in a good way, it has the same yucky nastiness. I may actually come to like it more who knows...

listen to Poisonous for good Autopsy influences

241.jpg

Havnt listened to this album from them in years.

Brings back some awesome memories; singing along to this absolutely shitfaced. :kickass:

This is one of the few bands that remain on my bucket list to see. They have such an awesome blend of material throughout their discography that I would love to experience live.

It's good, don't get me wrong, but it tries harder than it seems to be like Mental Funeral, like trying to relive their glory days. Autopsy is so good though. m/

Really? I remember it sounding a bit more like Severed Savior. It has its fair share of doomy passages, but overall has that faster, more aggressive sound of Severed Savior. But they just don't have that same "filthiness" the first two albums had ... some tracks Reifert sounds better than ever, on others we sounds kind of tired and weak ... I just cant put my finger on it.

Regardless though, i'm expecting the same awesomeness of their last two.

Really? I remember it sounding a bit more like Severed Savior. It has its fair share of doomy passages, but overall has that faster, more aggressive sound of Severed Savior. But they just don't have that same "filthiness" the first two albums had ... some tracks Reifert sounds better than ever, on others we sounds kind of tired and weak ... I just cant put my finger on it.

Regardless though, i'm expecting the same awesomeness of their last two.

Well yeah, of course they'd have Severed Savior as the general influence, but I heard parts that reminded me of Mental Funeral in the background. They pulled from Mental Funeral with their structures and timing moreso than their riffing and sounds they produced for it. It is subtle though, and I also had the issue of not being able to put my finger on it, but that's what I concluded.

Also:

7351.jpg

Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit

This band is consistently good and they have really evolved, not changed, since the 80's when they first started and even their album artwork is good. This album does, in fact, kick ass.

372402.jpg

304451c88da00567f0382210.L.jpg

Skeleton Key - Fantastic Spikes Through Balloon

Reminds me of the grooviest songs on King Crimson's Thrak, but noisier and sillier (in a good way).