Albums currently kicking your ass

I need to listen to the last two Amorphis records. There's still time to augment my 2015 list..

The last two are the best two of the Tomi Joutsen era if you ask me (which you didn't). 'Circle' and 'Under the Red Cloud' are the best Amorphis albums since 'Elegy'. I'm tickled pink by the entire circumstance.

Titan still hasn't clicked for me, but than again i've only listened to it like twice. Communion and The Great Mass are both killer albums though. :kickass:

Exactly what happened with me TB. I didn't give 'Titan' time initially because I heard (parts of it) once or twice and thought, not as good as 'The Great Mass' and moved on. Hopefully once the newish style and approach (which is actually really creative) of 'Titan' sinks in you'll be born again like I am.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
This is soooo awesome. Venefixion - Defixio gritty death metal from France
a3086166926_10.jpg

I have to go with Twilight Of The Idols followed by Atavism myself.

Digital Resistance blew me away though. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did for some reason.

Yeah, I used to think Traveller was supreme (and it still is) but Down Among the Dead Men and Twilight of the Idols get equal amount of play. Also, be sure you check out "Animal Spirits". It takes a bit to get into, but damn it has some great jams. "Ape Uprising" has an amazing title track too, one of their best.

I really should listen to those albums more, it's just that every time I want to hear some Feg I usually go for Down Among The Deadmen, that needs to change. Also I wish that John Cobbett hadn't have left, I'd say that he was a major creative force behind DATD and Traveller.
In fact I might listen to Atavism and play some Rainbow Moon right now.

Reactions: CiG