Albums currently kicking your ass

480130.jpg

Reactions: Serjeant Grumbles
album art.jpg

Finally got this. Glad to see Hells Headbanger's back in business with these guys. Reissued the debut too. Havent grabbed that yet though.

Reactions: CiG
album art.jpg

Gimme da loot gimme da loot.

This album is pretty crazy really. Fucking guy knew people were coming for his life.

Reactions: CiG
easily his best, but i doubt he was prophesying his own death with that album. Especially when considering that he probably got smoked for shit that happened much later. Life After Death is solid too, has some of his best work .. but overall a much weaker outing. Most "gangster" rappers(he is east coast but a lot of his music still falls under gangster rap) have plenty of similar "im not gonna make it" material

Personally i dont care much for east coast hip-hop. 90's west coast ganster rap(REAL gangster rap) is where it's at.

Life After Death is solid too, has some of his best work .. but overall a much weaker outing.

Because it was a double album. As if hip hop albums aren't already long enough.
If they had cut it in half and kept it to the gems it would be one of the best hip hop albums of that year easily.

Personally i dont care much for east coast hip-hop. 90's west coast ganster rap(REAL gangster rap) is where it's at.

If we're talking about straight up and down gangsta rap, I'm going with the early south scene. West coast was great too, I love hip hop in general. No idea how anybody could not care for the east coast though, unless you don't place much importance on rhyming and prefer catchier, funkier stuff or whatever.

i just think shit like NAS and wu tang are absolute garbage. And i'm being generous with that statement. And i've listened to a shit load of rap throughout my lifetime(i grew up in fuckin' los angeles). I can appreciate some early east coast hip hop though.

that being said, i would never refer to rappers as musicians. Ever.

Just my opinions, dont really feel like getting into a argument over that shitty(mostly) "genre".

Reactions: Pitiless Wanderer