Albums currently kicking your ass

R-18154507-1618593881-5503.jpeg.jpg

Giving this a listen and I'm digging it. Pretty awesome

Not sure if I prefer this or Contentum.
For me, it's definitely "Terrestrials". It is my - by far - overall most-played album (still getting 50-60 spins per year) and I wouldn't hesitate to say it's also my overall favourite album of all times (in spite of some production flaws, which aren't the band's fault). The songs on "Terrestrials" are more diverse than on "Contentum" and they are overall heavier. I'd also say that Monika's vocals go into more different directions, whereas her craziest/most unusual vocal lines - I once called them vocal acrobatics - are definitely to be heard on "Contentum" ("Sultry Air", "Letters to Earth" and, of course, "Lizard Dance"). At the moment (after re-discovering "Contentum"), I'd say I find the latter slightly more impressive, but it's a difficult decision. Also, the synths/keyboards parts on "Contentum" sound weirder. But while I like all songs on "Terrestrials" very much, I can't say the same about "Contentum". I dislike the short repetitive piece (you can't call it a "song") "Torture". Ok, it's just 1 1/2 minutes long, but it doesn't make any sense to me and it doesn't fit on this album. The final instrumental "Outro" is OK, but nothing to write home about, and while I still like "What Crawls Underneath", it's a very moderate song by Atrox' standards and definitely less impressive than the first eight songs on "Contentum".

For me, it's definitely "Terrestrials". It is my - by far - overall most-played album (still getting 50-60 spins per year) and I wouldn't hesitate to say it's also my overall favourite album of all times (in spite of some production flaws, which aren't the band's fault). The songs on "Terrestrials" are more diverse than on "Contentum" and they are overall heavier. I'd also say that Monika's vocals go into more different directions, whereas her craziest/most unusual vocal lines - I once called them vocal acrobatics - are definitely to be heard on "Contentum" ("Sultry Air", "Letters to Earth" and, of course, "Lizard Dance"). At the moment (after re-discovering "Contentum"), I'd say I find the latter slightly more impressive, but it's a difficult decision. Also, the synths/keyboards parts on "Contentum" sound weirder. But while I like all songs on "Terrestrials" very much, I can't say the same about "Contentum". I dislike the short repetitive piece (you can't call it a "song") "Torture". Ok, it's just 1 1/2 minutes long, but it doesn't make any sense to me and it doesn't fit on this album. The final instrumental "Outro" is OK, but nothing to write home about, and while I still like "What Crawls Underneath", it's a very moderate song by Atrox' standards and definitely less impressive than the first eight songs on "Contentum".
Need to give both another listen soon. I like Orgasm fine too but the male vocals don't need to be there. Seemed the logical place for Monika to step out.

8173.jpg