Albums currently kicking your ass

Nagelfar - Srontgorrth

12373.JPG

And Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Converge - The Poacher Diaries

Converge.AnB.Split.CD.jpg

If that's the first doom album he's heard, and he likes it... I recommend going straight to Candlemass.

Holy shit, sorry for the burst noobish style but Candlemass kicks ass. I never really listened to doom metal (i saw the name and thought it was nothing special, just a mix of death and black) but i can see i gotta :worship:

Legend by Abigail Williams, Lost To The Living by Daylight Dies, Wolfheart by Moonspell, and Arcane Rain Fell by Draconian.

But definately my favorite album right now is Ki by Devin Townsend. It's not metal, but the entire album is great. It's more like ambient rock, but in my opinion, it's the best album in all of Townsend's discography, and that's including his work with Strapping

To the guys who were posting about Candlemass, Death Magic Doom is an awesome album. I got it a day or two after it came out and every song on the album is definately a winner. I recommend buying it.

Sonic Brew, 1919 Eternal, and The Blessed Hellride are pretty much what get played if anything. 1919 Eternal pretty much got me into harsher vocals (I know that doesn't make much sense) but it did so it has a special place.