Albums that other people don't seem to get

Walls1441

May 13, 2007
myspace.com
I couldn't really think of anything for the bands thread, but for the bands i really dig, my favorite albums by them are usually the ones that everyone else shits on. Examples:

Arch Enemy - Johan days
Arsis - Everything but We are the nightmare. Jesus christ, i thought i knew drummers who couldn't play in the pocket but that mofo doesn't even have pants on.
BTBAM - Colors is my least favorite.
Enslaved - Monumension, Blodhemn (got shit for liking these more than Ruun/Isa on here w/e)
Ensiferum - S/T. Everyone i know praises Iron, but i just can't get into it because of the guitar tone mostly
Dream Theater - I Prefer their albums SFAM and on rather than SFAM and before.
Mastodon - Call of the Mastodon is by far my favorite.
PT - FoaBP and Deadwing are my favorites. Can barely stand the older stuff, with a few exceptions.

Are there albums that you love that everyone else consistently tells you are shit?

Sometimes I think ...And Justice for All is the best Metallica album. Better than Master. Also, if porcelain heart wasn't on watershed, it would be the most pure Opeth album and if their were more 1 or 2 good songs in its place be probably my favorite. Also, Epitaph by Necrophagist is like the coolest shit I've ever heard. Way better than the first album and I can't wait for the next. And I think Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd is fucking amazing.

Roman isn't as hard of a hitter as hannes. As far as i could remember Muhammed wrote the drum machine stuff for the first album then Hannes went back and recorded the same parts with real drums, but he had influence in the second album. I don't even like obscura that much, definitely not compared to Necrophagist, but i prefer Hannes' drumming in their album to Roman live

i like pat metheny's smooth jazz stuff, im not sure if this counts because i dont know everyone's opinion. but in general people look down on smooth jazz

I have to agree on that Black Album is the best metallica album, it's the only album i would listen to by them nowadays...
I think the rest of metallica is just pointless riffing, but that's just me. No wait i like Load n' Re-load too!
Now people are gonna freak out on me :D

Very few people seem to get Oceansize, i can't understand it since for me it's one of the best if not THE best band i have ever heard.

after a long period of dislike i rediscovered st.anger. now it seems i'm pretty much the only one who likes it.

i also like a-ha's "memorial beach". anyone else into it?

Um Deadwing is my 2nd fav PT album right after Lightbulb Sun so I'm with ya there. I also think Master of Puppets isn't Metallica's best but more for Ride the Lightning than their 4th/5th efforts.

Also I think I get DT where other people don't. A lot of people seem to think a lot of their albums are good, but I have been enlightened to the truth: they aren't. :)