Albums with a bad reputation that you like

/me somehow restrains himself from ripping into Troops. :)

I DO think Hysteria is better, though... but not by much. And both are up there as two of the greatest albums ever IMO.

No argument that some great stuff came out that year, but for mine AFD was the best album of the year. I like Hysteria and 1987 but for mine Appetite just nails it. It was everything I wanted from a band at that time of my life. I used to believe that if I formed a band, it would have to be like GNR. Coz, I don't think that now, but I'm not 18 anymore. :)

Hahaha that is a pretty terrible review!

I do think Appetite is an awesome album, but yeah as you say it's just a matter of opinion and personally I'd choose Back For The Attack, 1987 or Hysteria over it.

:lol: :lol:

By the way I agree and know what you mean about the whole Appetite-era Guns N Roses being everything you'd want in a band... and that's the main thing I think that is special about the album. But I still prefer the songs on the other albums, I think with G'n'R that came more from the whole attitude and vibe they had than the actual songs. Which isn't a bad thing though. They were able to capture something really cool and exciting in their music which is what its all about. In fact thats the exact thing I like about L.A. Guns, especially their first album. It's what the music captures and the vibe it carries rather than just the quality of the songs.

My best friend and I were in a bar after work once, just after "Sweet Child O Mine" got popular. They had a big video wall and we decided to play the video for "Child" while we were drinking. $2 got three plays and, having nothing better to do, we chucked in $2 each and hit "Play" six times, much to the amusement of the after-work, business district drinking crowd.

:)

Brian, I do that with bat out of hell on the juke box at my local, just remember bat out of hell goes for oooo 8 or so minutes.

They reset the juke box after a while.

Appetite was the ultimate for me in the late 80s/early 90s. Yeah it wasn't just the songs, it was the whole vibe/attitude/feeling. Music was fun then. :)

Everything Metallica's done

Black Album - its a different sound. Its full of awesome songs, its solid, all the songs fit together and its awesome to listen/headbang to when drunk.

Loads - Load is my 3rd favourite Metallica album and I truly consider it a classic. It experiments and works. Reload isn't quite as good, but its jam-packed full of good songs and I listen to it all the time.

St. Anger - I think I've expressed my opinion enough :D

I don't know of any other albums that people consider gay that I like.I love Countdown, does that count? (bad pun)

Spiff said:
Maaaadneeeeeeeesssssss reeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiignnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssss...

!:headbang:

In the haaaaaaaaaaaaall... Of the mountain kiiiiiiiing! :headbang:

Spiff said:
Budda-duh duh duh-duh...

That is such an awesome song and, indeed, an awesome album.

One of my favorite albums of ALL time! Jon Oliva's evil, snarling, angry, sinister voice, criss's GODLY guitar.......best brother duo in all of metal.