Albums with impossibly consistent solos...

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
By this I mean albums on which every songle note in every solo is so tasteful that you can't help but wonder if it's even real.

Very, VERY few albums do this for me. But I think anyone who has heard it will agree on this one:

Root-The Book

All I can say is wow.

Saturnus 'Martyre'.

They aren't really solos in the traditional sense of guitar wankery, but the lead guitar doesn't miss a beat and it's always in the best possible key.

I've always thought that.... :)

Originally posted by Soulreaper
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges

Those solo's might be better than sex.
:)
Especially the ones on Silverwing and The Immortal

That one didn't ever come to mind since I bought it. But thinking back to it now, you may be right!! They were all pretty damned impressive.

I'm not sure if I'm musically technically minded enough to give a valid opinion... but again, emperor: Promethius.. such absolute precision and complexity which will surely be unrivelled for years to come..

I can't even memorize some of the riffs or solos on that album, due to the multilayered effect of the guitars, even though I have listened to it more than 50 times easily.

Carl August Tidemann is amazingly precise, emotive and tasteful. Just listen to Arcturus' "Fall of man" and "Master of disguise" and you will know why I think so! I suspect the new Winds album to have some impressive soloing courtesy of Carl as well. Also, Jeff Loomis of Nevermore, he is impressive even if the band is not one of my faves. Petri Walli (R.I.P.) of Kingston Wall was one of the best improvisatory rock guitarists ever to grace our planet. Trey Azagthoth is awe-inspiring with his monstrously insane guitar mastery.

One and one only:
Death - The sound of Perseverance....brilliant just when you think it couldnt get better on flesh and the power that it holds comes voice of the soul to show you what epic beautyfull solos are...

I love all in Arcturus- Aspera Heims Symfonia!! Those solos, even though theres only about 4 or so, are just amazing.
On a side note, what do you guys think of the solos on Agalloch's Pale Folklore? I really dont like those solos, they just sound like they're in a different key. What do you think?

Originally posted by Morningrise
I love all in Arcturus- Aspera Heims Symfonia!! Those solos, even though theres only about 4 or so, are just amazing.
On a side note, what do you guys think of the solos on Agalloch's Pale Folklore? I really dont like those solos, they just sound like they're in a different key. What do you think?

Yeah !!!! Especially on track 2, that is one out of key solo !
The first time i heard it i was like WTF is this ?!
but after you get used to it, its nice :)

Originally posted by svenske kocken
I´d say most of Judas Priest´s albums. KK and Glen are the kings of guitar solos.

I'd have to agree, especially on Painkiller! The solos on the title track are godly. I can't think of a more impressive lead break in metal...