Hex Omega solo

Annihilat0r

TRINITY WATCH IN AMAZING!
Jan 14, 2007
South of Heaven
I know many people here don't like Hex Omega (and I agree that it can't keep up with monster songs such as Heir Apparent, Lotus Eater or Hessian Peel) but I think it has one of the best solos Opeth ever had on any of their albums. Pity I never heard of anyone here mentioning this solo.

Judging from its super fast hammer ons I think it's Fred who played this solo. Cheers Fredrik, awesome job!

I love the song. The solo is my favourite part, it's so amazing. Definetly one of the better solos I've heard in my life.

last riff is crushing tbh. rest of the song doesnt appeal to me, it's too drawn out and almost boring.

yea, that behemoth of a riff along with the drums and the single organ note (chord?) ending the track together makes it the best outro of the cd imo. (heir apparent is so early youve already forgotten about it anyways lol).

The only negative comment I can make about Hex Omega is it's too short.
When Watershed came out I was hoping this would be the next Watershed song (following Heir Apparent) Opeth would play live.
It's ended up being The Lotus Eater which was also a great choice, but I'm still hoping this makes it's way onto a future set list.
And yes that Solo is pretty good. Freddie is a great !!!