Albums you desperately want

I'm not. You still hold a grudge against me. What the hell? A person is entitled to his opinion. And Brad hasn't stated numerous times that Slayers sucks, even when told to shut up repeatedly? Gimme a break, seriously What is that, kindergarten? It's a message board to discuss music.

Well shit like this pisses people off:

I get it, man. A die-hard collector's passion breaches all walls of reason and logic.

People that actually really love this genre believe in the aesthetics of having the physical copy of the music. If you weren't trolling, you wouldn't be such an up-front dickhead about people purchasing music. You've been around here long enough to know people prefer to buy their music so don't even tell me comments like that aren't a means of getting a rise out of people.

Yeah well a good majority of your posts seem to have negative undertones so I'm not so sure about that. Do you even like any metal outside of Dimmu Borgir and Metallica?

You derailed the thread with that needless comment, but whatever. I've heard just about nothing but negative comments from you about every band brought up. I just wonder why you even listen to metal, that's all.

People that actually really love this genre believe in the aesthetics of having the physical copy of the music. If you weren't trolling, you wouldn't be such an up-front dickhead about people purchasing music. You've been around here long enough to know people prefer to buy their music so don't even tell me comments like that aren't a means of getting a rise out of people.

Chillax, bro. He wasn't criticizing, just observing an undeniable fact. I shell out for physical copies myself, and never ever download, but I do recognize that it is illogical and impractical, and ultimately a sentimental choice. But then again, what is music if not sentimental? Whatever. Point is, he's right and so are you.

I've noticed that Manilla Road's stuff seems to be pretty pricey these days, which has delayed my exploration into their music. Anyone know where I can get their good stuff for fairly cheap (<$15)?

Everything ever made by Mikael Bayusik. Can't even find that shit to download. (well...except on blogspot, but I've gotten viruses every time I've attempt to use dL from there)

You derailed the thread with that needless comment, but whatever. I've heard just about nothing but negative comments from you about every band brought up. I just wonder why you even listen to metal, that's all.
It shouldn't bother you at all if you're so secure about your views.
You've deviated this thread off its course by replying to my actually pretty harmless tongue-in-cheek post. But whatever Let's not analyze who did what and for what reason.

I do recognize that it is illogical and impractical, and ultimately a sentimental choice.

It's not illogical, impractical, or sentimental to avoid doing something illegal/morally wrong.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I don't own that I desperately want, though I'm sure there are plenty of things.

It's not illogical, impractical, or sentimental to avoid doing something illegal/morally wrong.
Amusingly, I didn't even think of that. But if that's all you care about, you can just buy on iTunes...frequently much cheaper than getting CDs. Again, not looking to start up the worthless downloading debate. I'm just saying that DB definitely has a point that buying all one's CDs is very rarely attributable to a logical, practical attitude.

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
The Chasm - Procreation of the Inner Temple
The Chasm - From the Lost Years

Does anyone else set a limit of like 20 bucks when buying a cd? There's plenty of stuff I'd like to have a copy of and plenty of stuff I will have a copy of... but I really dont need to go out of the way to buy a "centerpiece" to my collection, and if I get one, I sell it off to buy more.

I've applied this to pretty much anything I've collected over the years... band shirts, cds, baseball cards, mtg cards, etc... and I've been fairly lucky with ending up with things that are worth money over time. (or even shorthand, shit I bought a pack of yugioh cards once, pulled a first edition red eyes black dragon and sold it to a dealer from between the rest of the cards in the pack for 60 bucks, and went to the rest of the card show with triple what I started with)

Edit: I suppose what I'm saying is that I collect things for purely my amusement, not for monetary value. I'll leave that for the shiny things my fiance likes.

Excruciate - Passage of Life

One sold on eBay recently for $511.

I got a message back from Hempa on Myspace...

Hi sorry to hear that you missed the vinyl, came out really cool!!
Pulverised/Konqueror records (singapore) will handle the re-print of the CD.
CHeeeers!!
/Hempa

:headbang::headbang::worship:notworthy:worship:

On topic:

-Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream first-press
-Phlebotomized - Skycontact (SOMEONE REISSUE THIS, FUCK CYBER MUSIC)
-Mütiilation - pretty much everything, fuck this shit for being difficult to find hard copies of
-Hetsheads - We Hail the Possessed... (almost won on eBay for cheap, and not the shitty bootleg reissue w/ other CD, the original)
-capsule - more more more
-Desecrator - Subconscious Release
-Transwave - Frontfire
-Protoculture - Refractions (fuck trance for being impossible to find for a decent price)
-Asphyx - On the Wings of Inferno first-press (re-issue is good enough for now though)
-World's End Girlfriend - The Lie Lay Land, Dream's End Come True

etc.etc.