Albums you desperately want

i got lucky on the chasm cds. i bought them on ebay about the time procession to the infraworld was released, before everyone went apeshit over trying to get a copy. i think i got each of them for less than $15.

Yeah, I want the newest Chasm album and Deathcult especially but I've given up finding them (hint hint someone find them for me I'm lazy).

Yeah, I want the newest Chasm album and Deathcult especially but I've given up finding them (hint hint someone find them for me I'm lazy).

deathcult is easy as shit to find compared to the first two, and the newest is going to be repressed soon

fuck the downloading! They just need to lower the prices on cd's. If they lowered prices on cd's to $9.99, I would buy a fuckload more instead of the 3 cd's for $50 bullshit. That is what needs done because buying a cd for $15 or more is fuckin rape. I do support bands by buying their cd's, but I do feel ripped off for paying $15 and getting a cd that is less than 40 minutes, but I wouldn't feel so ripped off if I only paid $9.99 or $11.99.

Does anyone else set a limit of like 20 bucks when buying a cd? There's plenty of stuff I'd like to have a copy of and plenty of stuff I will have a copy of... but I really dont need to go out of the way to buy a "centerpiece" to my collection, and if I get one, I sell it off to buy more.

I don't exactly set a limit per se, it's rather a combination of timing (in terms of my financial position at the time) and just common sense. There are a handful of times that I paid $40, give or take a few bucks, for a CD, but I would only do that for things that I value a lot, such as the first Saint Vitus album or the first Sadus album (which was a couple months before the reissues were announced of course...). Otherwise I have rarely spent more than $20-5 for rare CDs. I don't think I've scoured ebay for rare CDs in a good 2, maybe even 3 years. I just get whatever I come across in my searches, and a lot of times I've stumbled across a lot of great obscure gems for between $10 and $20, and I'm more than happy with that. I'm at a point with my collection that I have a lot to be content with as it is, so I'm happy with whatever out of the ordinary album I'm lucky enough to find by accident for a fair price. Of course, maybe when I'm in a better financial situation I might start actively seeking out individual albums again and paying stupid prices, but right now it's not advisable for me.

I got a message back from Hempa on Myspace...

:headbang::headbang::worship:notworthy:worship:

I'm happy with my Beyond the Circle 2CD reissue that contains Passage of Life (also put out by Konqueror) in addition to the Crypt LP reissue). I'm guessing that CD is out of print by now though. BTW, if you weren't aware, The Crypt is going to be reissuing the demos on an LP as well.

Now let's see if I can come up with some wants (ignoring first presses):

Countess - Hell's Rock and Roll
anything from Hell
The Chasm - Procreation of the Inner Temple
The Chasm - From the Lost Years
Order from Chaos - Dawnbringer
Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat
Barathrum - Infernal
Avzhia - Dark Emperors
Belial - Wisdom of Darkness
Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety
etc., etc.

Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

Been trying to get this for fucking ages... keep losing Ebay auctions like i'm fucking cursed or something. I already have the disc with In the Gardens of Grief, but i want the original.

Grotesque - Incantation
Abramelin - Transgression from Acheron
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves (12") - got the CD, want the vinyl
Coroner - Grin

You derailed the thread with that needless comment, but whatever. I've heard just about nothing but negative comments from you about every band brought up. I just wonder why you even listen to metal, that's all.

Okay, I'll explain. I'm looking for spacey understated music with engaging rhythms, syncopated vocals and non-invasive bass.If you can recommend something that effectively marries zeuhl aesthetics with metal, I'll be happy to check it out.
But please don't hound me constantly over difference of opinion. Just because I'm looking for something so narrow and specific doesn't mean that I dislike all metal.

Not much I desperately want, but I wouldn't mind owning:

Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March to the Black Holocaust
Sol Invictus - Death of the West
Strid - Strid 7"
Saint Vitus - S/T

Antagonist - S/T
Dark Millennium - Ashore the Celestial Burden
End Amen - End Amen
Psychotic Waltz - All
The Last Things - Circles and Butterflies
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - S/T

Does anyone else set a limit of like 20 bucks when buying a cd? There's plenty of stuff I'd like to have a copy of and plenty of stuff I will have a copy of... but I really dont need to go out of the way to buy a "centerpiece" to my collection, and if I get one, I sell it off to buy more.

I will say that with newer CDs, I generally prefer to spend $20 and under but maybe $25 is ok if I really want them. Otherwise I'll look to find them cheaper.

With rare items, it just depends on how much I want it. There's been a couple of times on ebay where I had no problem bidding $100+ for a CD. Mostly just to ensure that I would win, and no one would screw me out at the very last second by out-bidding me. I won them for significantly less though.

So do I. More than anything really. But it's sometimes impossible to obtain certain albums where I live. In these cases I settle for for a digital duplicate.