Albums!

My preference matches with voodoo's above except I would say that Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic:Calling are very closely tied for the reason that I feel Enigmatic:Calling sounded too much the same as Celestial Entrance.

I really think God's Equation is the best PM album thus far. All of the songs have their own identity and the band seems to be experimenting more with different guitar styles and keyboard sounds. The one song that I can't get enough of off of the new album is "United Alliance". Something about the sound of the keyboards in it with the catchy rythm guitar that I just can't get enough of.

For me, Celestial Entrance - although I have not yet heard God's Equation so we shall see!

Well if you stopped listening to 50 cents new disc, you might be able to catch the new Pagan's Mind. I am of course joking Deron. I love the fact you are here. Pagan's Mind has become an elite band. We are special to get on the ground floor.

Bryant

I haven't heard God's Equation though I know it has leaked. I really consider Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic Calling pretty equal with Infinity Divine trailing, but still a quality release. I would have to choose Celestial Entrance due to "Through Osiris Eyes" though. That song is PM's calling card and Lord Viggo's solo on that song absolutely showed what an elite player he is.

Bryant

Tough call for me. I really like all three a lot. Probably CE by just a bit over the other two. Haven't heard GE yet except for what they played at PP. It sounded great though!

There was a considerable improvement in writing from Infinity Divine to Celestial Entrance. I agree that CE and Enigmatic Calling are very similar but I also believe the latter continued to show growth in their writing. God's Equation hasn't left my rotation and is spectacular. Only one minor complaint is they are doing more growling vocally and I don't really care for that, especially with Nils' great voice and range.

If I was devising a "Best of PM" Album it would contain tracks from all 4 albums, infact it would be the longest "Best of" Album ever created.

I can't answer the question as I find that the album I'm playing at the time is my favourite at that moment in time. I'm thoroughly captured by them all.

God's Equation sees PM take a new direction, so I see this album as being the one to make the biggest kick ass in your face statement of them all.
Hold on tight folks, PM are about to whizz into hyperspace stardom as the masses begin to catch on.

I've only got Enigmatic: Calling, and I fucking love it. Celestine Prophecy (which I'm listening to now actually) and Supremacy, Our Kind would be standouts for me, but there are no bad tracks on the album (although I never listen to Coming Home; for some reason I always skip it).

Heard a track off God's Equation the other day on a local metal show, Powersurge. I was there with my band doing an interview, and before it started I saw the DJ (I think that's what they're called??) pulled out the CD and played the title track. The drummer and I are big fans so we were pretty pleased. Then we were even more pleased when we managed to do the interview without saying anything stupid (other than me saying that the bass player was smoking crack instead of doing the interview). Good times.

I plan of course plan to get all the other albums, but what would everyone recommend I get first?

I've only got Enigmatic: Calling, and I fucking love it. Celestine Prophecy (which I'm listening to now actually) and Supremacy, Our Kind would be standouts for me, but there are no bad tracks on the album (although I never listen to Coming Home; for some reason I always skip it).

Heard a track off God's Equation the other day on a local metal show, Powersurge. I was there with my band doing an interview, and before it started I saw the DJ (I think that's what they're called??) pulled out the CD and played the title track. The drummer and I are big fans so we were pretty pleased. Then we were even more pleased when we managed to do the interview without saying anything stupid (other than me saying that the bass player was smoking crack instead of doing the interview). Good times.

I plan of course plan to get all the other albums, but what would everyone recommend I get first?

Go for God's Equation next then Celestial Entrance. Both are great albums but the edge goes to the newer material. It is stellar.

My fav is Infinity Devine do to the really cool riffing and an overall heavier feel that the other releases. They all kill though.

Demetman

Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic Calling are brilliant albums. Infinity Divine (reissue) has several great songs, especially A New Beginning. I'm a bit surprised about the praise of the newest album. I think it's pretty meaningless compared to the previous masterpieces. God's Equation is still decent.