Alestorm-Final Product

about the drumming....
What? I was totally impressed with his playing, never recorded such a hard hitter that sill played fast and tight....

Not to be an ass or something, but a couple of drumming parts sounded odd to me: from 0:10 onwards in the intro there seem to be a couple of weird snare hits and the bass drum in the parts after sounds now and then a little out of time to me. A couple breaks don't sound that brilliant to me either.

That's fairly picky and it just occurred to me on my first listen. Don't get me wrong, it sounds quite good and I can imagine that this CD is going to be cool.

Cheers

i don't mean to shit on your mix, but the drums are alittle too plastic-sounding. Not so much the toms, but the kick and snare sound really fake and un-natural to me. I would either lower the durms alittle or turn up the guitars.

that's true for eveything, try to get it right in the first place and tweak as little as possible later.
I play with alot of settings on the amp (including preamp- and poweramp-tubes and bias etc) then try the different speakers and mic-positions (a mm makes a huge difference sometimes)...I use stonepicks (and in this case urged Gavin to use one as well)..and all the other things

I gotta admit that I'm a bit crazy though, I even change Batterytypes in pedals for AB-tests ;).

it's really all the tiny things that add up IMO (like how hard you drive the mic-pre etc).

If everything is as good as you can get it before it goes to tape you should not need much EQ, at least definitely not for fixing stuff that wasn't there in the first place

Yeah man, I suppose I just need to tweak some more.

Gavin, the stuff sounds great. What happened to the myspace song that you had posted before the one up there now? I seriously dug that song a lot.

-Joe

Yeah man, I suppose I just need to tweak some more.

Gavin, the stuff sounds great. What happened to the myspace song that you had posted before the one up there now? I seriously dug that song a lot.

-Joe

Over the seas?

It's on the album, just we can't put up what is technically a "demo" since we well, have a properly produced album... and my mix sounds fucking SHITE compared to lasse's one :D

Cool sound, fits the music very well.

I honestly think I can hear the "krrrk" of that stone pick, which is great.

Gongrats on the deal man - Was kinda cool to see your face in the new Napalm Catalog when it arrived a few days ago. Especially since I didn't know you were on Napalm Records so it was kinda surprise! :) Their HQ is about an hour or two away from where I live.

As for the 3-Song-Medley: On the first song I find it a bit weird when the synths and the epic part stop suddenly.. But overall it's very cool! :)

"It is?" what? A surprise or to see your face unexpectedly?

No, "IT IS?" My face is in the catologue!? Haha

And here the release dates again, please publish on your websites:
23.01.2008 Finland
25.01.2008 Germany / Austria / Switzerland / Sweden
28.01.2008 Europe
29.01.2008 USA / Canada