Alestorm-Final Product

Nice job. I think the vocals are especially great and the guitar sound is also top notch, although I think a dirtier/less modern tone would have suited the music better (same goes for the drums btw and I think you should drop the keyboards :p but that's a matter of taste I guess).

So I just got the CD in from the music shop and gave it a listen on proper monitors. Goddamn, Lasse, great guitar tone!!! I don't think I've heard anything that good in a while. Definitely much more clear and punchy than a lot of other "big" releases. There was no high-end fizz, which jump out on my monitors when present. Also, the bass tone rules just as much. I think the songwriting is great, but the production really is top-notch. The vocals sit much better on the actual CD than on the "teaser" you played for us and what can be found online. I will probably be tossing this in with my reference CD collection.

So I just got the CD in from the music shop and gave it a listen on proper monitors. Goddamn, Lasse, great guitar tone!!! I don't think I've heard anything that good in a while. Definitely much more clear and punchy than a lot of other "big" releases. There was no high-end fizz, which jump out on my monitors when present. Also, the bass tone rules just as much. I think the songwriting is great, but the production really is top-notch. The vocals sit much better on the actual CD than on the "teaser" you played for us and what can be found online. I will probably be tossing this in with my reference CD collection.

wohooo! thanks :kickass:

btw, the bass is nothing but my ESP straight into Safe Sound Audio P1 (loving the comp on that)....
that's it ;) one of the main ingredients for the bass' growl are the warwick black label strings...best strings ever